Monday, June 21, 2010

To My Hubby



Happy Father's Day to the greatest dad I know. 
From the day our little girl was born, you just knew what to do.  

You swaddled, changed, snuggled, rocked, and adored this baby girl.







For that alone, I love you so much.  

As she has grown, you have become her champion and the man she will one day marry, so she says!  There is nothing that you wouldn't do and haven't done for this child.

You have...

watched parades



given countless piggy and shoulder rides



trimmed the tree



swam in pools, oceans, and lakes



fed



picked pumpkins



carved them up



taken trick or treating



gone on thousands of walks

and done THOUSANDS of other things, but most of all you have shone her what love is.




  You set the standard for every man that enters her life and what shoes they will have to fill.

  

Happy Father's Day.  I luv u.

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Kathryn, this has to be one of the most beautiful tributes I have ever seen. My heart is filled just knowing the love this daddy has for his little girl and the love you have for him that you so sweetly shared with us. What a wonderful daddy and husband he must be and what a wonderful Fathers day gift to him!
    Thank you for sharing,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet and I love the photos you chose. The one of her dressed as the good witch is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kathryn, what an awesome post about your hubby! I hope he got to read it!! Mine hasn't seen mine yet!! What a great daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tribute to your wonderful husband, Kathryn! He sure is a keeper!
    I adore those photos of him holding her in his chair & the one of him kissing her tiny head. Please be sure to make copies or scrapbook pages of these so that they will not be lost. She is going to cherish them when she is older.
    I don't have a single photo of myself & my Dad when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post Kathryn....the photos where so pretty and told their own story just by looking at them...Jemma's cute little face has never changes...those big eyes she will always have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so beautiful and literally brought tears to my eyes. Fathers and daughters have a special relationship, and your husband seems like the sweetest dad ever. The 8th photo of her looking at the tree is just so precious, actually all of these photos are incredibly precious! :)))

    xoxoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet post! Your daughter is a lucky girl (and so are you)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girl! I just saw this! So precious! You did an excellent job narrating and picking the photos for this one. So wonderfully pure from the heart! This is another post I truly hope you will be able to preserve forever. Jemma is so blessed to have such beautiful parents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Kathryn for stopping by blog to see my Dainty Miss, Yes I am a glutton for collecting anything that strikes my fancy.
    And dear girl, you have some lovely collections from abroad as well, all that are just to die for especially that clock!

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Father's Day post... what a lucky girl your dd is :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a nice tribute to your husband! Found you over at Kim's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ~Kathryn~
    Oh my goodness, what a precious post. It got me teary-eyed, as your husband sounds so much like mine. I could have written this very post. We are both *blessed* with good men. Love the pictures! ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is the sweetest post ever! I love it! What a wonderful tribute! Thanks for stopping by my tablescape! Hope you have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete