A rainbow on my parents' farm
Hanging with Charlie, my parents' dog
I love this face!

My dad has a '55 Chevy and belongs to a car club. They have a cruise in on our town square once a month, but this month it was special. The local drive in theater hosted it and showed American Grafitti! We pulled in and the first four rows were old cars. It was what a drive in should really look like! So much fun!
My dad's '55
Me and my Daddy
Jemma with her Poppy and Gaga
Giggling girls waiting for their movie, Despicable Me!
All this partying wears a girl out!
We always get great stories with Gaga!
Then we were off to Hendersonville! I stayed with some of our best friends and got to visit with one of my dearest friends in the world who lives outside of London.
Suzanne and I taught together in Tennessee and just hit it off. She is one of the smartest, sweetest people I know. She is always learning and growing. She is a born teacher with a love of adventure and adventures we have had! She is the one with the red hair! The beautiful girl with the baby is Stacey. I have known Stacey since she was a second grader! Her mom and I worked together. Their family came to visit us while we lived in Germany and then we lived 30 minutes apart in Michigan! Stacey was Jemma's first babysitter! Now she has sweet little Adelynn!


Then we took off to visit the new baby of another co-worker's daughter. Peggy is the beyond wonderful Grandma of this sweet baby, McKenna! Peggy is the kindest, most thoughtful person I know. She would do anything for anybody. She has the sweetest heart! I remember both these girls when they were in elementary school! Gee... I am getting old! I loved visiting with all these babies!

These adorable boys are Suzanne's babies. I bought them their shirts and they are very appropriate! Charlie is 5 and his says, I'm a Handful. Wyatt is 4 and his says, Here Comes Trouble! Finn is 3 and as you can see, he is the Little Tough Guy! You heard me right... 5, 4, and 3! She definitely has her hands full! They are so sweet and always so fun to be around!

Jemma and Charlie are buds. We always have the sweetest pictures of them together. I always say we will have the best pictures to show at their wedding! Guess which tan one lives in England?!?
When in Rome...
Lots of swimming! Jemma's first time off a diving board and slide on this trip! She loved it!
Then a day or two with our bestest buds from college. Tom and Quinn met on the first day of college in 1987 and have been best friends ever since. I have never seen two men with such a bond. They just love to be together. They will sit and watch football for hours with very few words spoken, but have the best time! Quinn and his wife, Cindy, are one of a kind and we wouldn't trade them or their friendship for anything. These are their beautiful children, Clay and Emma!
We fit a lot in in a short time, but had a wonderful trip! Now to rest from our vacation!!




Oh my goodness gracious Kathryn how beautiful are all of these photos! Gemma and the little boy holding hands is truly priceless. They are two gorgeous kiddos.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the nice visit. It meant the world to me to read your kindness and understanding.
~Melissa :)
Oh Kathryn, you're back! Welcome home girl!
ReplyDeleteThis is just the greatest post, its like being on vacation with all of you and having a great time together!
I think my favorite picture is the giggling girls, it just speaks volumes of being a kid again and having summer fun. Oh and your daddy's car, love that too! My parents actually had that very car when I was just a little girl (1957 baby boomer) and at the time it was "just the family car", now they are collectors cars!
Vacations are wonderful but its always nice to come back home to a beautiful, cozy home and our own bed:)
Take care,
Terry
I love all the pictures! Especially the one of her walking in her undies and the one of her close-up! The drive in picture is neat and I beat it really felt like it did back then, being in that car!!
ReplyDeleteOh and I love Hendersonville! I am glad you enjoyed your trip!
Kathryn, I know you are glad to be home. Looks like you had a great time. I still haven't been anywhere, but we are going off Labor Day weekend. Jemma is such a little brown bear in that first pic with the dog.
ReplyDeleteAwwww!!! Looks like fun times!!!! I love his car!
ReplyDeleteWonderful trip Kathryn and wonderful pictures. I swear Jemma is the most photogenic kid I know:) You are too though so it runs in the family. I am like you though, there is no place like home!!~
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos of a beautiful family. You are truly blessed :)
ReplyDeleteLyn
Your trip looks great, but I know you are glad to be home!! Beautiful photos of all the kids too!
ReplyDeleteKathryn, such a wonderful trip you have had! I just love reading your posts and looking at your wonderful photos. It is like reading a favorite novel you just can't wait to pick up on where you left off, only with photos too! Jemma is as adorable as ever! I know your parents were just beside themselves with joy!
ReplyDeleteJust returning from our vacation tonight, including 2,366 miles in a van. All your beautiful pictures make me miss our family already -- almost enough to jump back in the van. (OK, not that much, but close.) :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful pictures of a great trip! Looks like you really enjoyed yourself with all your friends! Poppy and Gaga just look so thrilled to have you there!
ReplyDeleteSUCH amazing pictures! Each and every one! My fave is the one of Jemma with the dog - priceless. She is a real stunner! Glad you had a wonderful visit with your family!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Kim
I agree, always good to get home after a trip, but looks like you guys made some great memories. Bet your daughter will always remember her 1st trip down the slide and off the diving board.
ReplyDeleteLove the pic of Jemma walking with the dog :)