My baby started 4K this week. I am so excited for all the new adventures she will have, friends she will make, and learning that she will do, but I am so sad to not have my baby girl here with me. All I ever wanted to be was a stay at home mom and now that I finally am, they want my baby 5 days a week!!! What is up with that??????? I am so grateful to be home with her though at this age in her life. We do so many wonderful and fun things together that she will remember. It is also the hardest thing I have ever done and the most wonderful thing I have ever done. I am so grateful to the BHW for working hard and giving me the opportunity to be with her. It is a dream come true.
Every four year old needs her Barbie cell phone with her!
She is growing into the backpack
Helping our neighbor, Carter, find his room
The BHW got to go with us! Jemma was so excited! She must be opposed to smiling at this stage in her life. What is up with that?
Getting into the groove
Mommy not really wanting to leave...
Our traditional first day of school lunch at O'Charley's
Here's off to the start of a new school year!
She must be the same age as Cristian! He started 4K too, but only 2 mornings a week and that was hard enough! I know how you feel:-) She looks precious with that big backpack!
ReplyDeleteI hear ya girlfriend! Hang on tight to this age, it goes by sooooo fast!! She's only gone in the am, right? Take that time to recharge your batteries and plan on doing some fun stuff with her in the afternoon! That backpack truly is half the size of her. Too cute!! Sending you a big hug!!
ReplyDeleteThese are beautiful pictures! Jem is so pretty, you both are. Precious moments!...Christine
ReplyDeleteKathryn, you will survive even though you miss her.
ReplyDeleteHi Kathryn,
ReplyDeleteHow sweet Jemma looks with that huge backpack! I have those same pictures of my two girls. Every year I make them pose on their way to school the first day. This year I got one of the youngest, but not my college girl - the first time in all these years. So, you see it's not just when they are young that it's hard to let go! It will be fun for you to look back at all those pics when Jemma graduates highschool! I made a banner of all twelve years worth of pics for my eldest's graduation party - her friends really loved it!
Thanks for linking in this week!
xo
Heidi - Heart and Home
Awwwwww, Jemma looked adorable for her first day of school! Don't worry - you will find plenty of things to fill your time while she is in class. You know, I really like the photo of her and the little neighbor boy walking down the hall - that's too precious!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love O'Charleys! This is so sweet, it reminded me of when my boys were in preschool! Precious,precious times! I love how big those backpacks are on little ones too! So cute!
ReplyDeleteshe is just a doll!!! Love the pic of them holding hands! You have the prettiest eyes and I love your shirt you have on!
ReplyDeleteHow fun for Jemma and she looks so cute on her first day...big day for both mommy and daughter and love that you have a tradition of lunch together!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing those and you look wonderful too...what pretty eyes and a beautiful smile! :)
Liesl :)
Awww....Kathryn....I so remember those days. Bitter sweet. Jemma looks happy though, and it is so good for kids to get the interaction, and a little jump start before Kindergarten. Hang in there!!~
ReplyDeleteShe is really growing up! Love the traditions you are setting up for memories! My boys still remember things that I did every year for them. Big breakfast on the first day, out to dinner that night. Lots of fun things, too!
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain! Sending my son off to Middle School was harder than Kindergarten?? She'll do great and you'll adjust :) Good luck!
ReplyDeletePS Used to go to an O'Charley's when I lived on the MS Gulf Coast...nice reminder!
Oh Kathryn this is so sweet, you are such a blessed women to have a darling little girl and the BHW! And I must agree with the above comment, you truely get prettier with every picture you take and Jem is adorable! Enjoy this wonderful time in your life with such a sweet little family!
ReplyDeletehugs dear friend, Terry
Ahhh, but think of all the free time you'll have to go shopping now!!!! There ya go, I bet that'll make you a bit less sad :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure things will be easier once you all get used to the new routine.
Thanks for the vote of approval on my turquoise door :-)
Kelly
Kathryn, You will have such fun memories to relive when she grows up and has these pictures to look back on! I sure hope she grows into that backpack soon! It is humongous, girl! LOL You both look so cute together...
ReplyDelete~ Sue
This is so sweet! She is one precious young lady and she is happy looking at her new school. She will do great!
ReplyDeleteYou look gorgeous Kathryn. Your eyes are so pretty and you look thin girl. You go!
Thank you for your kind words on my weight loss. I really appreciate it. ~Melissa :)
Awww, Jemma looked adorable on her first day of school !! (Love the Barbie cell, too). Yes, you and your husband are truly blessed! It's such a bittersweet time ... one that I'm not looking forward to when Jax starts school next year. :( I've missed you ... I took most of the summer off from blogging as it was just too crazy, busy! Let me know how you're doing ... I've been decorating for Fall ... yippee !! Hugs, Becca
ReplyDeletegirl! you had me lol!!! Yelp! Gamecocks is a funny word! to be honest I could care less about football! lol!!! My dh has always pulled for them so I just go along like I care! haha! At least we both like orange!
ReplyDeleteFast forward 11 years
ReplyDeleteand you have ME, whose
eyes still prick on
the first day of school
when my girl turns to
wave one last time.
I think it's great that
you thank your husband...
it is a good reminder to
me to do it, too, and
often. I also loved
your last post, about
your "fur-st" baby,
Murphy! Just precious.
xx Suzanne
Great photos! When my daughter started kindergarten they wouldn't let us go to the classroom. Jemma is going to have so much fun at school & I know you will be so happy for her!
ReplyDeleteAwwww, what a special day!
ReplyDeleteBittersweet to be sure, but so special.
She is gorgeous, what a proud mama you must be!
Have a wonderful week!
Big hugs,
Anne
Hey, hey pretty lady! Thanks for coming over and leaving me such a sweet note! I'm flattered that you like my Fall decor and latest projects. I got the white pumpkins at Michaels last year, but they have them again this year, in various sizes! Hope you have a great day and that "school" separation is getting easier. Hugs, Becca
ReplyDeleteOh Kathryn, you've captured such special times in these photos! You will look back longingly at all these pictures in just a few short years, believe me. I remember my DGS#1 first day of school when I joined his Mom to wave him off to the bus. Now, last Friday we watched him march in his high school band at the football game!! In the blink of an eye....
ReplyDeleteYou'll laugh at this comment....Ms. C. went to 1st grade this year & its the first time she's been in school all day. Up until now, it has only been 1/2 days.
She got off the bus & looked at her mother & said "You didn't TELL me it was going to be so long!!!!" Cracked me up!