Tuesday, October 19, 2010
My Halloween Mantel
Hello everyone! I can't thank you enough for all your wonderful comments on my Haunted House! I love doing it and am so excited that I inspired so many people! I just wanted to show you my Halloween mantel. It is just a collection of the things that I love. The trick or treat plate was from my favorite little accessory store in Michigan. The spooky houses were purchased at Kroger!! I love how the windows glow with the candles in them! The little ghost with the Boo sign was from HomeGoods this year. The black candle holders on the ends were cream and green ivy candle holders that we got as a wedding gift! I couldn't let them go so I did what any good blogger does... I spray painted them! I love how they turned out and they were perfect for my fall mantel!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your mantel looks so fun! I bed Jemma just loves it. I wish we had a Krogers - my supermarket doesn't carry such cute things.
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Kim
Did I just hear you say spray paint? They look fabulous. I love the plate too!~ Very cute mantel Kathryn.
ReplyDeleteI love the way your mantel turned out! You're right about the recurring theme of spray paint in Blogland....now you are one of "them". LOL. I have spray paint envy now...the candlesticks turned out great!
ReplyDeleteGreat mantel. Love the plate in the middle.
ReplyDeletehaha, debbie and spray paint! Now that isn't surprising. See comment above.
ReplyDeleteFun, fun, fun! Your Halloween mantel is awesome. Love how your spray painted the candlesticks ... the houses are too cute !! Jemma must love it.
ReplyDeleteSo cute. Puts my boring old unchanging mantle to shame!
ReplyDeleteGreat job! Target is a great place to get Halloween stuff too...
ReplyDeleteThis year I refrained and used the stuff I already had.. oh no, I'm lying... I bought a pumpkin ghost at TJMaxx!...
That looks great. I love the lighted houses.
ReplyDeleteI love your mantel!! The candle holders look great black. I had some sconces like that. I think they started out verdigris, then went gold and would be great black like yours. I can't believe you were up in my area and I didn't know!! We are really enjoying the leaves. We took the kids on the Blue Ridge Parkway after I taught today and it was so pretty.
ReplyDeleteVery scary but not too much so...perfect for Jemma to enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI have a mirror with the exact same leaves as your candlesticks. I bet it would look awesome painted ORBronze! I may get brave & try it. Thanks for the inspiration!
I haven't even gotten out my Halloween stuff yet. I'm slacking this year but I do feel better now, thankfully.
Oh girlfriend, this is just adorable! I love "doing up the mantle" for just about every season and this just does the trick...or treat!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Terry
PS I've been a bad blogger, haven't had time to do a post or say "hey" to anyone...so "hey"
:)
Wonderful spooktacular mantel :-) Love the little houses with the candlelight glowing through the windows. And great way to give your candleholders a new life - spray paint is every decorator's best friend! :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for entering my giveaway - good luck!
It looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteHave I missed what Jemma will be this Halloween? :-)
That looks LOVELY!!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks great! I love that you just spray painted the candlesticks! I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blogroll??? It has been so fun meeting your here in blogland! :-)
ReplyDeleteVanessa
Thanks so much for adding a link to my blog to your sidebar :-) And thanks for your kind words too :-) I really appreciate it!
ReplyDeleteKelly
Love your Halloween
ReplyDeletebanner; that sweet
face is just adorable
in all of the costumes!
Jemma will always remember
these fun Halloween
traditions!
xx Suzanne
Super cute mantel!!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your thoughts!! I was thinking the same as you! She certainly rained on my parade that night! Ugh!
I was going to quit blogging all together but I decided to stay!
Happy Tuesday!
~Jennifer
Hi there!
ReplyDeleteYour mantel is super cute and perfect for Halloween, I love those little pumpkins sitting atop the black candle-holders. That is clever! And, your Jemma is adorable (as always!) in her costumes! What a sweet face! I would want to kiss her cheeks all the time!
xo
Heidi
Another great decoration design, Kathryn! Love the leaves and super affordability!
ReplyDeleteLiesl :)
I definitely recommend the iphone, just might be better when verizon can support it. The iphone 4 is shatterproof, which is definitely what I need!
ReplyDeleteI was rooting for you in my giveaway, because I knew you REALLY wanted that painting! Thanks for the support, and I'm sure I'll be having another giveaway for a Matt LeBlanc painting in the future :-)
ReplyDeleteKelly