Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Haunted House

Happy Halloween everyone!  I love this time of year when the air gets crisp and the leaves begin to change to glorious colors and drift gracefully down to the ground.  Sadly, it doesn't happen like that here, but I can pretend and make my house as "fall-ish" as I can!  It is still in the high 80's!!!  Oh well, I love it all anyway and I especially love my haunted house!  Last year,  I wanted to be clever and do something different.  I had seen some on RMS do something like it and I thought I could do it.  Here is what I came up with!


It all started with Jemma wanting a witch!  She told me she wanted a witch flying on a broom so I sketched one out just to see if I could!  I was quite proud of myself!  I went to the local teacher store and bought a big roll of fadeless black paper.  I cut it to fit each window I was doing and then sketched the picture on the back, cut it out, and hung it up!  Here are some closeups!

This is Jemma's witch.  I love her pointy nose and chin!  Jemma's room is painted green and I love how it has the green glow!


Our bathroom is the cat and bats!  I am going to add some hanging bats to the closet window that is above the peak of the house.  


Downstairs a ghost has taken over the dining room.  I am not to sure about him.  I think he needs some tweaking.  People have a hard time seeing the ghost!  I may add another one to the left corner!  


Dracula has been hanging out in our office!  Hanging out... get it!  Ha!  I love him and how he fits in the bay!


I am adding pumpkins and mums to the porch so I will be doing an update soon, but I just wanted to share my very own haunted house!


I think it is pretty "spook-tacular" if I do say so myself!!!

Thanks so much for all your kind words!  I am linking up with
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Stories of A2Z for Halloween Mantel Party
and
Inspiration Friday Party at Southern in my Heart
I just linked up to Between Naps on the Porch for her Halloween/Fall Metamorphosis Monday!

Thanks for hosting ladies!


59 comments:

  1. I simply love it! What a clever idea....and you have the perfect windows for doing this. You are quite the artist, girl! So glad to see a post from you....having been missing them lately. And that banner of Jemma dressed up for Halloween thru the years - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Kathryn!!!

    That looks FABULOUS...no really, really FABULOUS!!! I simply love it! Well done and what a great update to the look of your blog for the season!!!

    I am simply loving it...and your house is beautiful! What FUN!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh it is spooktacular and spectacular! You did a great job! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I love your cut outs and I love your new header! I'm pretty sure you are the most "spirited" house on your block!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say how cool you are? Because only cool moms would do this! Jemma must love it. I love it! And your new Halloween header is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool !!! Thank goodness for jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. UMMMMMMMM YES it is amazing! Oh I love it. You go girl!!~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool!!... and even looks like it could be sitting here in New England. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE it, so cute and creative!! Oh and I hope the temperature drops there soon, my mom keeps telling me how warm it is there!! It is hard to enjoy fall when you are sweating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you shared this. I loved it so much on rms last year. You post late and I almost miss it without scrolling way down my page. I just love this look!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you did an awesome job! I can't believe you drew all those silhouettes yourself. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this even more than when I saw it last year!! GREAT JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Kathryn...oh I just love it. I remember this on RMS but I never realized that was YOU:):) Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are AMAZING!
    You should get a patent and sell these, that's how good these are.

    Oh, and I love your new header, too!

    Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,

    taht is very very great!You make a goed job.
    Wat a lovly idee.

    greatings send you Conny

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is great! What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is awesome. Love it, love it, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is amazing!! What kid would not love it! What I really love is that it's Halloween, but not gory, bloody. Too cute! Thanks for stopping by! I remember when you wanted to see the kitchen in the non-Christmas decor, and I just never got good photos. I will definitely be swagging the greenery over the window again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kathryn! I am sooo going to copy this one. I love it! I wonder how it would look if I just do my 3 dormer windows on the front of the house? Thanks for sharing this idea so much! Your designs in each window are so fabulous! You are quite the artist!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, and I love your new Halloween background too! Very cute, but not nearly as cute as those adorable photos of Jemma in costume! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing! The best decorations ever! I too think you could sell these!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is very cool!!! You did a great job drawing those!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hopped over here from Kim's...and oh my! How wonderful! I'm going to call my sister and tell her about it! She will want to do this, I'm sure! LOVE IT! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous- I agree you could sell these. Perfect for your house.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Kathryn,
    I meant to write you yesterday, but the day got away from me (yesterday was my husband's bday, today is Thomas')....ahhhhh! Chaos! Thank you so much for writing your heart yesterday, I cried while reading your response. Praying for you my friend, and remember, God is the God of miracles! Sometimes they look like what we want them to look like, and sometimes they dont. Keep the faith my friend!
    Love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Simply Spooktacular!! I LOVE it. Your little trick or treaters are going to love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just hopped over from Savvy Southern Style~ I love your sweet blog and your Halloween window silhouettes look so wonderful! Your daughter must be thrilled! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's crazy spook-tacular! Love the new header. Your photography is awesome :) Your daughter must be thrilled to have such a creative mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You did an amazing job, I love it!! I stopped by via Kim @ Savvy Southern Style (;

    ReplyDelete
  30. Kathryn, your decorations are amazing! Seriously...Martha Stewart amazing! Even more amazing than that!These need to be all over the web! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I found you through Kim at Savvy Southern Style and wanted to tell you that your house looks amazing! So creative and what a treat for all of your lucky neighbors!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love, love, love your silhouettes! I would love to do something like this, but I just don't think I have the talent for it like you do ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I was going to say this is SPOOKTACULAR but see many others thought of that too:):) It looks amazing!!! I came over from Kim's, GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  34. How do I "follow" your blog? I don't see a button?

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is awesome! How much fun it must be to drive by your home! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow! This is spooky and fun! You did an amazing job ... clearly, your house is the coolest on da block! I hope you're ready for a lot of trick-or-treaters because, clearly, your awesome decorations will have them ringing your bell all night long! Love it. Hugs, *Becca*

    ReplyDelete
  37. It really is spooktacular. How cute!
    Bet your kids love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. That is soooo amazing! You are one cool mommy! And, your house is gorgeous! I just found your blog and I'm a new follower! Stop by sometime if you get a chance. I host a party each Friday and would love to have you join in the fun! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh girlfriend, this is so amazing! I just think this is the most adorable thing I have ever seen and wow are you talented! I could never draw any of these if my life depended on it! And I can so see that ghost, what's up with people "not seeing" it! H-E-L-L-O its a ghost everybody knows that!
    Oh and I really love the new header too! Geez wish we lived closer, we'd have a ball together!
    Terry
    PS thanks for the nice comment about the Tablescape at the beach house, I had so much fun with it:)
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fun, fun, FUN!!!!!!!


    I so love everything Halloween....

    My Show n Tell is my newest Witch for my collection.

    The link is HERE I'd love to have you stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I know you can buy these types of window displays, but how cool are yours? Loved them. Where did you get such ginormous paper???

    ReplyDelete
  42. I know you can buy these types of window displays, but how cool are yours? Loved them. Where did you get such ginormous paper???

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is truly awesome and very creative! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Eek! I LOVE this! You SHOULD be proud. This is fabulous! I linked and tweeted about it from my facebook/twitter! Thanks for sharing it with us Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Absolutely fabulous!! I would love to have your talent. You are going to make some children really happy when they go by your house. And parents too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love your Halloween house!! What a fantastic design!! I love it!! Coming over from Vanessa's- I have a decorating inspiration party - Feathered Nest Friday-at my blog if you would like to link this up- it's fantastic!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. That is totally awesome. Your haunted house does look spook-tacular!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. WOW! Oh my goodness girl! You are soooo good! This is just fabulous. Your daughter says you rock I'm sure. He!

    ReplyDelete
  49. girlfriend, this is amazing!!!! Seriously!!! You should makes these and sell them!!! Your house is beautiful and perfect for them too! I hope you get lots of good junk food at the fair too!

    Take care!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  50. Truly wonderful. I found you through Kim at Savvy southern style. I am so glad she posted it. You did a wonderful job and the black fadeless is great. I was a teacher at one point and used that paper for many a bulletin board.

    ReplyDelete
  51. This is such a great idea for dressing up your house for Hallowe'en :-) Love it!! My favourite is the window with the cats and the bats :-)

    Hmmmm.... I'm thinking I could do something like this in the two bow windows in the front of our house. Thanks for the inspiration :-)

    Also, thanks for checking out & following my new blog :-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  52. Great idea! It seems fairly easy to do (no thirty step process) and has such a great impact! Your haunted house has certainly inspired me to think up something creative for our own house.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Kathryn, The house looks amazing done up in silhouette!! Love the witch and the bat the best. I loved going to this year's furniture market. Wished I could have stayed longer- there was so much I didn't get to see- but there is always the spring! ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  54. Now this is a great Halloween decoration. I commend you on your idea AND your talent in drawing these little buggers. I'm sure your house is the talk of the neighborhood. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  55. This is truly AMAZING!
    Great job! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Can you see me jumping up & down on my chair over this FABULOUS decorating idea???? Too, too cute!!

    We have HUGE windows facing the back of the property that this would look fabulous done on. I'm not very artistic but I think I may try it. I am definitely passing on the idea to my DD. She'll love it & so will Ms. C.
    Thanks so much for sharing such a great idea, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Forgot to say how beautiful the front of your home looks, too & how much I loved seeing all of Jemma's Halloween costumes in your header! She is such a little doll. :D

    ReplyDelete