Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Eve and Morning cont...

Well, I paid my $5 and I am back!!





 Jemma walked in the door from eating and announced that it was time for bed!  It was only 7:30!!!  We looked at Norad to track Santa and saw that we had some time as he was in South America.  We opened one present so of course she picked the biggest bag and found her new Pillow Pet!  We are the proud owners of three, and I must admit, they are pretty comfy in the car!  I got a picture from Germany and I bought Tom a picture of the Eiffel Tower from our favorite view point from Fifi Flowers.  Her work is beautiful!  Then we went up to put jammies on and sure enough Fred, our elf on the shelf, left a new pair of Christmas jammies.  I don't know if you know this, but if you are REALLY  good, elves bring you jammies!  This was our first year with our elf and the shelf and he loved her so much, he also brought her a robe!  Then sister demanded to go to bed.   We reminded her of cookies for Santa and reindeer food so off she went like a bullet!  We came back in and  finished our advent nativity scene and she hopped in bed with no reading, no books and wanted the lights off!  She was out in 10 minutes!  Santa needs to come every night!  




Meet Fred.  He is our elf from Santa.  He flies back to the North Pole every night from Thanksgiving to Christmas to report how Jemma was for the day.  Well, the night Fred came, she had been having a hard time following directions so she was very upset that Fred was here.  The whole next day she talked about how she didn't like him and she couldn't wait for Christmas to be over!  I finally said that we would send a note with Fred back to Santa and just let him know that we weren't quite ready for an elf just yet.  I then told her that I would just call or email Santa every few days to give him a report.  Well, she decided quickly that Fred would be better than Mommy so she told him he could stay!  


Every Christmas eve, I take a picture of her in her jammies in front of the tree.  I just love the silhouette of her and it is so neat to see how much she grows every year!  I am a bit sad though.  This is our last year with our big gorgeous tree.  We had two sections of lights go out.  I just strung new lights, but it overloaded it and the whole thing fried.  We would change a fuse and it would last maybe 15 to 30 minutes and out the whole thing would go.  I didn't even turn the lights on for most of Christmas eve or morning!  I did turn them on long enough to get my shot.


Christmas morning came with much excitement!  So much that I forgot to really take any pictures until the end.  Needless to say... Santa was good to all of us!  Jemma got her Felicity American Girl doll, Zhu Zhu pet, Tag Reading System and a Keyboard plus other things including a bike from Mommy and Daddy.  Yes... she is spoiled!  I am going to be lean and mean with my Wii and new bike and the hubs is stylin' in his new sunglasses.  






It was the most magical Christmas ever!



10 comments:

  1. Aw, I love these pics! Jemma is just precious! And, how exciting that her Elf left her jammies. I may have to put that request in for our "Elfie" next year. She obviously loves her pillow pet ... so sweet! Jax is addicted to those things ... 14 of them have taken over the floor of his closet. Ugh. Have a great day, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the times to remember... love your photos...and the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had know about the Elf on the Shelf a few years ago...at this point, I have one non-bleiever, one on te fence, and one Santa fan, I think it's too late for next year. It looks like you had a great Christmas! I love the shot of Jemma by the tree, it's cool that you do that every year! I'm sorry your lights went out though. Maybe the Elf on the Shelf will tell Santa to send you a new tree next year??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathryn! It was so fun to read this post and her about your magical Christmas! Your daughter is so darling and you all have some of the same traditions that we do. That pic of her in front of the tree all lit up is so sweet and I absolutely loved her Christmas Eve dress! Thanks for giving us a peek at your lives! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Fred is adorable. Do you know this year is the first time I even heard of him. It sure looks like Jemma was full of life and glee that is for sure. I love your new header too and background, it is so pretty. I have been working my diet too, I hear that WII is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just love this post! I have always wondered what the Elf on the shelf did and now I know his job is SOOO important and now (I am so thrilled) I now know where the Christmas eve jammies always came from on Christmas eve when I was growing up!

    What a wonderful Christmas you had and what beautiful memories you are giving Jemma!
    Hugs dear girl!
    Terry
    PS the tree lights are such a pain aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and I forgot...I LOVE THE NEW BANNER! IT IS JUST STUNNING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I'm sad that
    I didn't take pics
    of my kids in front
    of the tree each
    Christmas Eve! It
    sure goes fast. Do
    you think it is too
    late to start next
    year, when they are
    16 and 13?! So happy
    that you all felt
    the magic.
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I am certain I commented on this post. This is the second blog tonight that my comments are just gone??? Didn't I? I love the header. Jemma is just so precious and I can feel her excitement. Even hubby looks excited to get some new shades.

    ReplyDelete