Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!! This is a super special day to me as 17 years ago, a super sweet boy asked one really cute girl to marry him! It has been love and hearts ever since!! I also have a cute little somebody that makes every holiday super fun now too! I am a lucky woman!
I have been obsessed with handprint art lately and for every holiday have been doing things with handprints or fingerprints. For Valentine's Day, we came up with this.
So I took that and put it with these and came up with this!
The red dish thing on the right was my grandmother's. It is an interesting piece as it has an Independence Day motif. There are circles embossed/made into the glass. One has a torch with a sunburst behind it and the other circle has an eagle with 1886 on it. These are in a pattern around the dish. I have a blue one also. I have no idea where they are from or if there is a special purpose. If you know anything about these, I would love to know!
I am off to a certain 5 year old's Valentine party and we are going to come home and make heart shaped cookies and heart shaped pizzas for dinner tonight!
I hope you all have a day full of LOVE!
Well happy engagement Anniversary! I guess your day is extra special. Enjoy the party and I love your mantle. How great that you have an heirloom from your grandmother!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Kim
Oh this is just so cute! I just cannot believe how creative this is. You done great! I love everything from the heart shaped hands, to putting it all together like you did in the frames and then in between the I and the U..so clever! Hope you have had a wonderful Valentines day!
ReplyDeleteOh wow I just love this little vignette you've created and I think I may have to do the hand print/heart idea with my grandsons. I just love the idea.
ReplyDeleteAs for the red dish, I wish I knew its origins but don't, I just know it looks cute up on the mantle:) As does Jemma's sweet valentine picture in your banner...that is adorable with her red bow and valentine!
Take care my friend,
Terry
PS I posted a happy Blogeversary cause I missed that post...I was lollygagging again:)
Take care...
Oh and happy engagement anniversary too!
ReplyDeleteI love the dish and the story. The hand hearts are perfect had not seen that before... Hope it was a good night.
ReplyDeleteLove it. I would never have thought of it!
ReplyDeletesimple and sweet love your gradmothers dish looks so proud to be up on the mantle:)
ReplyDeleteOk...again, this need to be on Martha Stewart! Your mantle is so cute and striking!
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing! I just think you have such an eye Kathryn...you need to share more of your talents with us:) They are always unique too!!~ XO
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!!~
ReplyDeleteHi!
ReplyDeletethat's a great idea, bet you two had a fun time making the hand-heart! Hope your Valentine's day was extra special. You have a wonderful memory to cherish of that long-ago day, and more fun ones to create now and in the future with your beautiful girl!
xo
Heidi - Heart and Home
Loved the photos. Happy Anniversary!!XOXO ~Liz
ReplyDelete