Friday, February 18, 2011

A Valentine's to Remember

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!  I know we did!  This post is coming a bit later than planned as the BHW has the flu, and I have pink eye!  It has been an interesting week!

Our Valentine's present for Jemma was a carriage ride through downtown Charleston with none other than Cinderella herself!   A local shop runs the carriage every month or so and the princesses are always there!  Snow White was handing out Valentine's!

Our neighbors also went and the girls were so excited!



Can you believe I didn't get a picture of the carriage?  Bad blogger!  It was round like a pumpkin!


They posed!


They talked!


They laughed!



Snuggling was involved.


I think she enjoyed it!


I think Cinderella did too!

For Valentine's dinner, Jemma asked that we eat by candlelight.  She loves history and wanted to know what it was like to only eat by candlelight.  It was a super quick tablescape so not a lot of fluff, but she loved it!  We used our wedding china on gold chargers from Big Lots.  We drank out of my crystal Heisey Minuet glasses.  Jemma thought it was all very fancy!!  


Heart shaped BBQ chicken pizzas were on the menu






I bought the candleabra at a street market in Germany.  They need to be cleaned, but I love the old tarnished look of them.  The only problem with them is they take bigger candles that I have a hard time finding in America!  I need to go on the hunt!



We also made  sugar cookies with homemade cream cheese icing.  I will never buy store bought again!   Due to a bit o' sassiness, one small child didn't get cookies.  :-(  Didn't stop mommy from eating a few one (very small one) after she went to bed!




It was a wonderful Valentine's Day and Jemma asked if we could eat in the big dining room by candlelight more often.  I am excited as we will use it as a time to teach manners!  Not to mention, she is totally adorable by candlelight!


Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. How sweet!! Oh what a little girl's dream come true! Love the heart shaped pizza! I never thought to take a picture of our Valentine's Day feast. I put down the red plastic table cloth, chinet plates, red solo cups, lots of melted butter in little dipping bowls and then crab legs and filet mignon!! I even made chocolate dipped strawberries. The boys love it because they can just drop their cracked shells on the table, make a mess and fold it up to throw it away! The things we do for family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last photo is gorgeous! I loved the day...a day Jemma will certainly remember. I have never done a carriage ride. Sorry to hear about the sickness stuff. Mike said the pharmacy is swamped with crud! Have a nice weekend. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The carriage ride with the princesses is awesome! I'm betting Jemma will remember this V-Day for sure. We also ate by candlelight, but found it difficult to see what we were eating...I am glad we aren't Pioneers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute. That is neat that they do that in Charleston. She was so pretty. You just went all out didn't you. What a good mommy you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this! I wish I was Jemma! LOL! What fun! I bet she will remember this forever! Yes, I really meant every exclamation point too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun that must have been!!! She looks so precious! Loving the candlelight too! We do that every now and then, but we do have difficulty seeing what we are eating, too, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous Valentine's Day for Jemma!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those cute chicken pizzas! Will have to mention that to my daughter and maybe it will get her picky daughter to eat. She's a little carb-a-holic... LOL

    Hope your valentine's day was awesome!

    I'm having a giveaway for my followers so stop by and check it out!

    DI

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun princess filled day...I love it!!! Those cookies are too cute too...you are such a wonderful mother!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's very sweet by candlelight. I had to chuckle about no cookies for being sassy. It's always easier to laugh when it's not your child. The carriage ride was very sweet ;)

    ReplyDelete