Our best friends came with their two kids and my brother-in-law and sister-in-law came with our nieces and nephew. We had a great time! We went on a boat tour out to Morris Island lighthouse. My heart was going crazy as we gently boated along beside DOLPHINS!!!!!!! I am a lover of dolphins. I will swim with them soon. It is on the bucket list. They were so beautiful and curious about us. They would swim right up by the boat, take a peek at us, and then swim under and come up on the other side. It was PHENOMENAL!!! I was in heaven! We walked Morris Island for about 45 minutes and were able to gather shells that were as big as my hand! I will be using those for summer decorating!
We had the best weather, great food, and wonderful times! Here are a few pictures of our boat tour and eats!
| These are all oysters! They pick them by hand. Yummy!!! |
![]() |
| Morris Island lighthouse |
| Everyone is off to gather shells and explore! |
| My nieces. Jemma adores them! |
| They were so close!!! I was giddy! I would love to jump in, but there is a $23,000 fine for feeding them, swimming with them, or bothering them at all. |
| An oyster boat came in about the time we did. They get about $14 a basket. |
| Hyman's Restaurant - it is always on the Reader's Choice awards in Southern Living! |
BIG NEWS! TAKE ADVANTAGE QUICKLY!
Sweet Jennifer at Dear Lillie is having an awesome sale today and today only at her Etsy store where you can get beautiful things for your home and clothes for yourself or any cute little kids you know!
She is also having a fantastic giveaway!
Her blog is beyond amazing and she is incredibly talented. She decorates, sews, does photography, and has the cutest little girl and a new baby on the way! She is amazing!
Go by her blog and tell her I said "hello!"
You will not be disappointed!
![]() |
| This is her home! Gorgeous!!!! |




What lovely pictures!!! Love the ones of the dolphins...so fun! I hope everyone in your household is feeling better! I was there not too long ago, so I know and hope you are all back to your FABULOUS selves soon!!! Great sale heads up too...off to check it out now!
ReplyDeleteLiesl :)
Looks as if a fun time was had by all! I wish I could be walking along the shore. I miss going to California- we've been there in March/April for the past few years. Maybe sometime soon....
ReplyDeleteJemma looks adorable all dolled up for St. Paddy's Day! hugs, Sue
Beautiful photos! What an exciting little trip! I have never been up close to Morris Island but have a Madeline Carol Morris Island print I adore! How exciting to be surrounded by the dolphins! Thank you so much for the heads up on this blogger I will visit here for sure. However, I just have to ask why are reading 308 scholarship essays? Do tell!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous day trip! I wish it was closer to here. The dolphins must have been amazing.
ReplyDeleteAwesome looking fun! I have never heard of that restaurant..I will tell my hubs about for next time we go to Charleston. Thanks for sharing your fun family and friends time. Rest up girl!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures...looks like a fabulous trip! Thanks for sharing! XOXO ~Liz
ReplyDeleteSuch great pix. Looks like a great time and how cool to see dolphins. I'm putting this on my list of places to visit!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Kim
Oh Kathryn, this post is like arm chair traveling only it didn't cost me a dime! I too would love to swim with the Dolphins and its right there in my bucket list as well ! Until then, this is just so wonderful seeing them *RIGHT THERE* swimming next to your boat, I love it and I loved seeing the wall to wall sunshine, something the Pacific Northwest is so missing right now!!!
ReplyDeleteTake care and don't worry about blogging and/or emailing...as I said,life comes at us so fast sometimes its hard to catch our breath...
Terry
PS I just found "Dear Lillie" and I love her blog too!
Looks like so much much fun! So glad you had a great time! Great photos!
ReplyDelete