Monday, July 25, 2011

Breaking News!!!!


I hate to interrupt the Ireland trip (which I am slower than Christmas on as we don't stay home long enough to do anything!!!), but we had something uber-exciting happen on Friday July 23rd around 6:30!

JEMMA LOST HER FIRST TOOTH!!!!!!!

I didn't even cry!  Aren't you proud of me?!?

We were in the car on our way to North Carolina to stay with some friends and she said, "Look at my tooth Mama!"  It was completely laying flat down.  I knew it would go soon and told her to start wiggling it.  The next thing we knew she was going, "Wait a minute... wait a minute... wait a minute!!"  I looked back and she is rolling her tongue around and digging in her mouth and then she holds out her tooth!!!  I screamed, the BHW screamed and Jemma just looked like she had won her own Toys R Us!!!!  I was so proud of her!  She is growing up on me and as much as I hate it, everything is so exciting!!!




Jemma wanted to leave a note for the Tooth Fairy and see if she would leave her tooth for her.  So we wrote the note and left note and tooth under the pillow.  The Tooth Fairy wrote a note (very tiny handwriting!) back and left $5 and the tooth!

 It was an amazing moment for our little family!


9 comments:

  1. Congrats little Jemma, I sure know you were so essited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Comgrats to Jemma for jumping another phase in her life. She is so pretty and have the prettiest eye color...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww. I think my boys would like to inivte your Tooth Fairy to PA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun, but boy my kids only got four quarters. Don't tell... I guess inflation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, congrats to your beautiful Jemma! And, congrats to you, too, Mom, for holding back the waterworks. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. It IS a momentous occasion & one that will be repeated again & again! How FUN & she is soooo cute!

    I was glad DD was prepared for the one that came out while they were at Disney World. YOUR tooth fairy may go broke, leaving $5 each time. LOL

    Tell your MIL that buttonholes are not hard, honest.

    Hugs,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, Jemma! That's so exciting! I think my kids were in 1st grade before ever losing a tooth. Now I have to wear a rubber band on my wrist to remember the "tooth fairy" before bed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just to share with you folks, i have a new post today on Amish Stories from the Terre Hill days even that was just held in Lancaster Pennsylvania. It was a very hot day but i was able to get i think a few good images from this event. The town is populated with a mix of Amish and old order Mennonites which only adds to its charm. They even have what has become famous in Terre Hill their "outhouse race". The town sits on a hill so it overlooks Lancaster farmland in almost all directions. This is one of my favorite towns to visit because its free from commercialism, so if you are looking for a really all American kind of town with the added bonus of seeing its Amish and Mennonite residents at work and play, then this town is for you. Thanks folks. Richard from Amish Stories.

    ReplyDelete