Wednesday was a late sleeping day! We had one thing on the agenda and that was to have family portraits made by a local photographer. Her name is Pauline with
Dennigan Photography. She was so cute and so easy to work with. I watched every move she made! I loved how she made everyone feel so comfortable and relaxed. I told her about my passion for photography and we may try to work out me coming to stay a week with her next year and shadowing her for that time! She captured some lovely pictures that I can't wait to get in the mail! They should be here any day!
We enjoyed lunch in Killarney and then hit the downtown for shopping. We visited a store called Penney's which was Kohl's in Ireland. I bought two cute tops and Jemma found a feather clip that she had to have! My SIL was on the hunt for the earrings that Pauline was wearing and after searching high and low we finally found the shop (they had taken their sign down!). She bought the earrings and convinced me that I needed a pair too that look like my ring! I also bought a slide for my bracelet. The poor BHW sat in the car for about 2 hours while everyone shopped. He had no idea where we were and the shopaholics took their time. The BIL and his son took off on their own so my poor hubby was all alone. I sat with him for the last half hour. I felt so bad!
We headed back to the house and the whole gang chipped in to prepare our spaghetti dinner for a night in. We had the best time!!! Everyone said it was one of their most favorite memories!
 |
| Jemma with her penny whistle and feather! |
 |
| We also bought this sweet tea set for Jem. She loves them and really enjoys playing with them. She has always been so careful! |
 |
| Everyone enjoying the wonderful meal! |
The views from our window during dinner weren't too shabby either!
 |
| Relaxing after the meal. |
Mom gave the boys their Father's Day presents that she had bought at the Blarney Castle.
 |
A rousing game of go fish and crazy eights!
|
The moon was full and bright and I tried to capture it with my new camera! The pictures weren't great but I remember how beautiful it was! I love that you could see the lights from houses twinkling.
Oh hey there girlfriend, no I didn't drop off the planet, just been crazy busy at work etc.
ReplyDeleteI love these pics, what fun everyone must have had on the trip and my gosh there was so much food on that table by the time you were done!
I just went through some of the last few pictures of kissing the Blarney stone and wow how great everyone kissed it including Jemma! Honestly I can't think of any other place I'd rather be than Ireland for a birthday too!
I'm trying to keep up again with posting, maybe now that summer is coming to a close I can...I miss it and all my bloggy friends!
Hugs sweetie,
Terry
What a fabulous day! Love seeing everyone relaxed ... in pjs in the kitchen! I can only imagine how many laughs and memories were created at the table while eating and playing games. And, that view!!!! Wow ... breathtaking! Thanks for sharing your fabulous adventures with us!
ReplyDeleteI think the moon photo turned out great! And how about a photo of the new earrings and bracelet???
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty amazing to see "everyone" cooking! That doesn't happen in our family. LOL! Such gorgeous views for sure, and I especially love the full moon photo. You are going to have to encourage Jemma to do a table scape with her adorable tea set you know, hint-hint! Hope you have a great day!
ReplyDeleteGirl! You could really rack up for Jemma! The girls clothes are always triple the amount than the boys selection!
ReplyDeleteWhat fabulous memories your family made on this trip! The place you stayed is perfect for such a crowd, too.
ReplyDeleteI got a kick out of your Mom...she seems like such a cool lady.
Hugs,
Rett
p.s. Tell Jemma I have a tin whistle, too!
That little tea set was darling. The food and family looked pretty amazing too!
ReplyDelete