Sunday, October 23, 2011

Please vote for me!

Hello all!  I have been a busy photographer for the last two weeks!  I had a newborn shoot that was just absolutely brilliant.  I LOVED every minute of it!  Here a few shots...






I shot a cute little pirate wench for her Halloween cards!



And then, I went to a Photography Workshop on Saturday with my photography group.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!

We shot all day in the park in Greenville, South Carolina wit the uber-talented Eddie Tapp and Judy Host.  These are master photographers who have each won numerous awards.  Eddie is a guru with lighting and Judy is renowned for her use of natural light. 

After talking to the organizer of our group, she encouraged me to really focus on Judy since I don't have a lot of the lighting equipment that Eddie uses.  I became Judy's stalker.  I knew that Eddie was coming back in the spring and so I followed Judy around like a puppy all day and just listened, watched, asked a thousand questions.  I also shot a LOT of pictures!  She was warm, kind and beyond helpful.  I felt such a freedom in shooting and really discovered a lot about myself as a photographer and what I can do to be better.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to work with this phenomenal artist!

Eddie is a Photoshop Hall of Fame inductee and a Canon Explorer of Light.  He is coming back.  Should I warn him that I could be a potential stalker?  

Here are a few pictures from the day...

I could have eaten him up!  He was so cute!

Can you believe this tree?  It was the perfect backdrop!
 This mommy to be was so beautiful with her pink hair and that gorgeous belly!  

This was one of those kiddos that make you work for the shot!

Such a sweetie!

I captured the elusive backlight/sunflare!  Woo hoo!!!

Now my friends,

I need your help!!!!


I have entered a contest to win a spot in a small group mentoring workshop from the super talented Jennifer at Jelly Bean Pictures. 
The workshop is valued at $850 so to win this would be a dream!  

All you have to do is...

1. Go to Facebook and "Like" the ' then she snapped ' page.

2.  Go to her pictures and find me!  

3. Click on the blue "Like" right under the picture!

You have until Saturday to vote and the winner will be announced on Sunday the 30th!

I would appreciate this more than you know! 


I am joining
Carrie at Dittle Dattle for her Amaze Me Monday Party

www.dittledattle.blogspot.com.jpg

and
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for her Wow Us Wednesday Party

I'm spreading the word far and wide!



10 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a sharp pin she is pressing down on. I get it sharp photo. Love your day and your shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, oh my goodness how cool!! What incredible shots!! So inspiring you are. My Miranda would be stalking you, lol!! Hope you win...I'll go over and vote!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, what gorgeous shots of the baby! I am heading to FB to vote for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you was in Greenville and didn't tell me! I'm maybe 30 mins away! Gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shots are AWESOME!!!!!!! I will run right over and vote for you now! That tree and the pregnant woman are gorgeous. XO, pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, these are amazing shots!!! Good work!... love the baby. Heading to FB...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What BEAUTIFUL pics, Kathryn! You truly are an amazing photographer ... you really know how to capture the moment! I'm off to vote, friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love the Scarlett O'Hara costume! What a great idea! You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete