I love traditions. They make me feel like we are really a family and I try to do as many traditional things that I can. For example, we have spaghetti and a movie almost every Friday night. Weird, but we love it. We listen to music every night at dinner and we change up the genre all the time. If it is a holiday we listen to that type of music! We have Halloween traditions like we always USED to eat Sloppy Joes, but some short person (and I am not talking about me!) decided they didn't like sloppy joes. Oh well! I try to shove as many traditions into Christmas as I can but I think it is the things you do on a daily basis that really make memories to cherish.
With all that said, I decided it was Family Craft Night! I had seen this adorable tree on Pinterest from ALittletipsy.com. I loved the more fallish colors in the reds, yellows, and greens. She did this by using the arm painted brown and then just squirting the other colors on top of the brown and mixing it a little bit. It truly made a difference than just a red handprint!
I decided to make one using the whole family's arms and hands! I had the paints in our art tub and bought the canvas at Walmart! They aren't the super best quality but they did the trick. We got to work! Hubs was put on the job of opening bottles of paint!
 |
| The supplies and a pony! |
 |
| The wink |
The finished product!!
 |

I just love how it turned out!!! Jemma kept saying how much fun this was and when could we do Family Craft Night again! It now sits proudly on my sofa table in our living room and it just makes me happy every single time I look at it.
We all had a great time and I think Family Craft Night will be a new tradition! What traditions do you have?
I am linking up to
and to Thanks to these ladies for always hosting such wonderful parties! |
|
That looked like so much fun! The cavas sure beats the paper we used to use. I also like the idea of the same dinner and a movie every Friday. My two youngest are 12 and 17. It is a little more challenging to come up with things to do together like when they were little. Enjoy it all:)
ReplyDeletexo
We started a new tradition
ReplyDeletethis fall of having a one-dish
comfort food copied up in
front of the TV. It pulls us
all together as we start the
week, usually laughing at a
comedy. We had never allowed
eating dinner on the furniture,
much less with the TV on, but
my kids are older and value
this treat! Last night I made
fried rice; last week it was pot
pie from Costco (so good!). I
love your traditions, sweet family,
your new piece of art AND your
pics! SO proud of you! Thanks
for sharing your moments and
your kind words!
xx Suzanne
Our kids are grown and gone but we used to have alot of traditions. Now, I think, we are making new ones with a new family. This looks like so much fun and it turned out beautifully! XO, Pinky
ReplyDeleteLove it! Wonder if I could fit 4 arms on that size canvas? Wonder if my 14 would still let me paint her arm? Cherish every moment of this age girlfriend, it goes by so fast!!
ReplyDeleteAnd she will totally remember the awesome mama and her traditions when she is older!
Your family artwork is wonderful! I love how you put this on canvas and now you have Thanksgiving decor to bring out each year. The faces of your family while crafting are so adorable! Cute idea!
ReplyDeleteWe used to have family game night with pizza and a movie every Friday night when the boys were younger. Then eventually the games fell off then the movies together, then dinner w/mom & dad. But they still kinda enjoy a good family game night whenever all get together at the same time now. Traditions are nice!
what a great mom you are! you're right, it's so important to be intentional about making memories with our families. it doesn't just happen.
ReplyDeletebravo!
michele
I love how it was a family craft, very cool of your husband to particpate, mine would have given me the hairy eyeball over getting paint on his arm. Also, your hair is getting long! Very cute!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun family craft :-) It's something that you'll keep forever and always cherish :-) Sounds like you have lots of fun traditions in your home. Hubby and I don't really have any - we need to get a few started :-)
ReplyDeleteAwesome ! Such a creative idea and such a great family time you had !
ReplyDeletewhat a cute project to do with my grand kids and the fall colors. beautiful works of art
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I'll bet it does make you smile every time you walk by :) You're doing an awesome job of making some great family memories!!!
ReplyDeleteHOW FUN Kathryn! So cute too. I love that Jemma enjoyed it so much she is asking about it again. Tom looked like he enjoyed it too. Great idea for sure.
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love it! What a beautiful piece of art too. You are wise to have these traditions that Jemma will always treasure and pass down to her family.
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Kim
What a idea! Your painting looks awesome and the colors are fantastic!
ReplyDeleteLove it! I too am a stickler for traditions. Over the year the kiddos rely on them or the it's just not the holidays. Family craft time is the best. I was thinking about getting the whole family together to make custom gift tags and wrapping paper???? We'll see.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend! I'm off to Ikea today :D
This is so cute. A family affair. Love it!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the week-end. Linda
So cute! I love the mlp on the table! lol!
ReplyDelete