We received the devastating news on Thursday that my step brother has cancer.
He has been a quadriplegic for the last 13 years and faced many challenges. This is the toughest road yet.
A mass about 8 inches in diameter was found on his liver and a biopsy showed cancer. He is unable to have surgery due to how much it has already spread. They believe it may have started in his bowels or lungs.
He will begin chemotherapy as soon as he is strong and well enough to handle it.
My step mom, step sister and nieces have been so strong and supportive. It is times like this that makes living far away so hard.
Please pray for him and for the strength that he will need to fight this battle.
I hated having to read that this morning. I will be praying for him, his strength, your family and the doctors wisdom. I had to watch my mom battle that ugly disease many moons ago and wish that no one had to go through it, cancer really does suck. Excuse my use of word. Sounds like he has already been through a lot in his life, my mom actually works with spinal cord and head injury patients so I know that is a battle in itself. Hugs to him! Now, tell him to go kick that ugly C word in the butt.
ReplyDeleteKathryn, I am so sorry so hear this. Consider it done. I will keep your brother and your family in my prayers for sure. Big Hug!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear this. Certainly will pray for him.
ReplyDeleteOh no, Kat. I'm so sorry to hear this. I am lifting your family up in positive thoughts and prayers. xoxo
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to read this news. Stay strong! Sending good thoughts your brother's way.
ReplyDeleteKathryn, So sorry to hear this news about your step-brother. I pray that you and the rest of your family can help him get through this. Be strong, my friend. hugs, Sue
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear this about your step brother. This just puts it all into perspective, doesn't it? We don't always realize how fragile life is or what a blessing good health is. Praying for healing, strength and a miracle - with God, anything is possible.
ReplyDeleteKeeping your whole family in my prayers.
ReplyDeletePraying for him, and for your whole family, sweet friend!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, Kathryn, I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers are coming his (and Your) way.
ReplyDeleteOh, that's absolutely crappy :-( Sending lots of positive thoughts to your step brother and to you and your family. It's tough not living close by, but I'm sure your step brother feels your love and support across the miles. Big hugs to you...
ReplyDeleteYou know I will be praying. So hard to handle. God is amazing.
ReplyDeleteOh Kathryn,
ReplyDeleteI am so very sorry for you and your family! As I said in my post "Thought for the day" if you don't have your health then nothing else matters until its resolved. I hope and pray that your step brother will have the wisdom of his doctors and the prayers of his family to help him through the road ahead. Also, I am sending a special prayer and hug for you my sweet friend during this difficult time...
Terry
This was so sad Kathryn. I have been thinking of you and your family, and how difficult this time has been. We chatted already about keeping the Christmas spirit for Jemma...and I know you are. Big hugs to you all. XO
ReplyDelete6 YEAR ALREADY! Happy bday jemma!
ReplyDelete