Hello everyone and Happy New Year!!!! We just got home from spending a week in Tennessee with my family for Christmas after Christmas morning in our own house. It was such a treat to NOT have to drive anywhere, go anywhere or be anywhere! I was sick as a dog with bronchitis, but loved watching Jemma play with all her new toys, snuggling on the couch and watching t.v. with the hubs. It was a lovely holiday! I am so thankful to my wonderful husband who works so hard to make the holidays special. We are making memories that will last a lifetime!
 |
| Getting ready for our third annual trip to see the Nutcracker. I thought I would be all cool like the soap stars and do a middle part. NOTE TO SELF... don't do that again! |
 |
| Love that you can see Jemma's lights around her canopy and I love the fact that I have a palm tree in my yard that I can wrap with Christmas lights!!! |
 |
The new tree did pretty well! I missed my old one, but this one is growing on me!
|
 |
| Fred made a snow angel! |
 |
| I love the tree lit up at night |
 |
| Some serious cookie decorating with my sweet neighbor and her son |
 |
| Every year we go to the James Island Festival of Lights and visit Santa with some of the neighbors. It was so warm and wonderful this year! |
 |
| They thought is was a blast to ride in the back of the truck to look at lights. Ok... they don't look super excited, but they really were! |
 |
| Jemma doing some demolition work. Not really! Just crushing up some goodies for reindeer food |
 |
| What reindeer wouldn't love this? |
 |
| My annual Christmas eve by the tree shot |
 |
| New Christmas jammies from Fred, the elf |
 |
| Leaving reindeer food |
 |
| Can't forget Santa's cookies and milk in a fancy glass |
 |
| When I walked in, she was having a heartfelt talk with Fred and telling him thank you for the jammies and how much she would miss him. It was the sweetest thing. |
 |
| The real reason for the season. Jemma added Christ to the nativity scene. |
 |
| I bought this golden book, Twas the Night Before Christmas, before Jemma was born and we read it every Christmas eve. Please ignore my horrible appearance. I was one sick girl. I went to the doctor that day and found out I had bronchitis. It was a rough few days, but after a shot, antibiotics, and a narcotic for coughing... I got better! |
 |
| and to all a good night! |
Loved all these shots, what a beautiful post, and christmas! You are creating great memory reminders for your daughter with these posts...
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year Kathryn! I enjoyed your recap...some amazing shots girl! I loved Fred doing the snow angel LOL! Sorry you were sick. Hope you are on the mend now.
ReplyDeleteOh Kathryn, looks like you had such a beautiful Christmas!! Love the canopy with lights too...and all the pretty pink. Jemma is a blessed little girl:-) Love your tree too, and the cookies look pretty good! I'm sure Santa loved those! Thanks for stopping by and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!!
ReplyDeleteHey Kathryn! I enjoyed the video on FB with Jemma reading very much. I thought your voice sounded very deep on that. LOL! So sorry you were sick over the holidays! Her bedroom looked positively magic! I also adore your Christmas tree in the den and the outdoor lights as well! It's all so, so, so beautiful! Happy New Year to all of you!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lovely Christmas! Great detail on those cookies, you guys sure have patience. I love your shot by the tree idea, I'm going to have to start doing that!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you were sick over the holidays, but it looks and sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas nevertheless :-) Your tree is absolutely GORGEOUS, and I love all your decorations. The lights around Jemma's canopy are so festive & pretty :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy 2012 Kathryn!
Awwww ... you always write the most beautiful posts that make me realize I stink as a holiday Mommy! Well, that's IT ... next Christmas season, watch out! LOL. Seriously, though, I love all of the traditions you've created for Jemma and the memories you guys continuously make! And, you KNOW my fave pics are your yearly shots of her by the tree!
ReplyDeleteYour tree looks so beautiful and I luv the shot of Jemma at the foot of the tree on Xmas Eve. Glad you're on the mend. It is no fun to be sick at holiday time. I know..... Happy New Year, my friend. xo Sue
ReplyDeleteYour tree looks absolutely gorgeous in your photos!I also love the lighted garlands on Jemma's canopy!
ReplyDeleteI'm so far behind on my reading! Happy New Year! Love the palm tree wrapped in lights! Your tree, your home and your baby...all so beautiful!! Love your new header too!
ReplyDelete