Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Valentine Mantle

Hi everyone!  I just wanted to join Beth at Home Stories A2Z for her Valentine Mantle party so here she is all gussied up and ready!  I have actually had this mantle up since January!  I figured after Christmas the little mantle was sad to have all her bling go and she needed a little love!  

I bought the frames at Walmart for $3 and $5.  I used a typewriter font for the letters.  This is how the BHW and I have always written I love you to each other.  It is even engraved in our wedding bands!


Jemma's sweet handprint



This is a tiny vignette on our end table.  A lady came to a local store to do silhouettes of children.  She whipped this out in about 10 minutes!  It was amazing to watch her and I couldn't get over how much it looks just like Jemma!  I love it!


We are feeling the love around her and getting ready for Valentine's Day!

I am also linking up to Jenni at Dear Lillie!  This is her first ever linky party!


valentines-link-party.html.jpg

13 comments:

  1. Love Jemma's silhouette and her hand prints making a heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I love that! Also, congrats on your Disney 5K commitment. I've been unable to comment for a while, but I was excited to see you signed up again. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Clever, and not hard to put together. The heart hand print is so cute, haven't seen this before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Kathryn. Love the art work! I can't believe you have had this up since after Christmas...it is a great transition idea though. I did winter and then Valentines, too much work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty, especially love that sweet handprint and silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathryn, Your mantel looks so cute with your frames of love! How clever that Jemma's handprints are the heart. ♥ I haven't done anything yet for Valentine's Day. If I do, it will probably only be a tabletop. We'll see..... That silhouette really does look like Jemma. hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mantel is so pretty! I love the handprint heart! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! Thanks for visiting my blog this week and such a small world that you knew Maria D! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks beautiful, Kat !! I love the black adnd white elements against your gorgeous white mantel and surround. How sweet that you framed the letters and Jemma's handprints (the perfect centerpiece)! I'm feelin' the love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delightful way to recognize & honor the love you have for each other & Jemma, too! You are truly blessed & I love how you show your appreciation of each other so nicely.

    We're getting ♥'s all over The Gazebo House, too, in anticipation of Laurie's Valentines Day party on Feb. 10. You should plan on linking this post to it. Its perfect!

    Hugs,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your Valentine's mantel and how darling is that cutout of Jemma...my mother had those done of me and my sisters when we were about that age and framed the same way! Love the heart from handprints too...so crafty!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love this mantle and I love, love, love that you have this engraved in your wedding rings! How sweet is that! Beautiful on so many levels!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute mantel! I love the hand print heart!

    ReplyDelete