Greetings from Minnesota! I hope everyone has had a great weekend. We have been very busy since arriving here on Thursday. We looked at houses on Friday and Saturday and found a great home for our family of three! We kept going back and forth between this house and a custom built neighborhood and something just felt really right about this house. The best part is that it is a finished home that we can move into with a few weeks of arriving. They are going to finish the basement for us so that will take a bit of time, but the home is done and ready to go!
It has so many great features and the quality is very impressive. It isn't my dream kitchen with white cabinets and dark floors, but my island is unique and painted so I can deal!!! It is way more home than we could possibly use, but we got such a great deal that we couldn't pass it up. The thing that sold it for us was looking out the windows while in the house and watching kids going up and down the street and running through the backyards. Wrap it up... we are home! We signed the papers Saturday night.
Today we visited the house and neighbors came out from all over to say "hello". Jemma started playing with the 5 year old girl and 7 year old boy next door immediately. While we were in the house, a gaggle of girls ranging in age from 5 to 8 or 9 were running through the backyard. It just felt so right! God is good and has answered our prayers to find the right spot to raise our daughter for however long we are here.
Without further ado... our new house!
It is blue which reminded me so much of my beloved Charleston homes and for the first time ever... I have a FRONT PORCH!!!! I can't tell you how much this excites me! I see a swing and rocking chairs in my future!
I will share more pictures soon. I took a ton today, but they were all blurry! When I try to get fancy with my husband's point and shoot, it just never works!
We hit Ikea today. Oh how I love it and it is 19 minutes from my new house! The hubs may be in trouble! Not to mention we went in the Mall of America to eat only as the mall was closed, but OH MY STARS!!!! There are no words!!!!
Thank you all for your sweet comments while we go through this crazy business. I can't tell you how much your words have encouraged me and let me know that this is all going to be o.k. It means so much and I know that no matter where I go, I will have my blogging buddies!
Love the colors too. And a three car garage, you will need to park both cars inside during the winter for sure.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your new home! It looks beautiful thus far. Also congrats on selling your other home so quickly!:)
ReplyDeleteI love it!!! Can't wait til you get all settled in and make it your own! I've never been to Ikea, but everyone is talking about it like crazy. What am I missing?!?!?
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited about the neighborhood you've found with friends for Jemma! Love that. Great news.
ReplyDeleteOh I just love it, beautiful! I can't wait to see the rest!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for your! What a beautiful home you will have! I was thinking how great your Halloween decorations are going to look in the windows! So glad you found a new home and neighborhood so quickly!
ReplyDeleteYay...the hunt is over & now you can start nesting! It is a lovely home & the neighborhood sounds PERFECT for Ms. J. I'm so excited for you!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and you will love the porch in Minnesota... Sounds like the perfect neighborhood and that its friendly with lots of kids as well.
ReplyDeleteSo awesome that you'll get the basement finished ahead of moving in too. That will give you so much more space as well. As for that 3 car garage? Maybe, a boat to use on one of the 12,000 Mn lakes. lol :) We have a ski boat, so are avid lake users.
So excited for you...I can see Goods hand in it all thus far.
It's beautiful and so exciting
ReplyDeletethat you can enter into this
next adventure with your other
house SOLD....What a blessing!
Looking forward to meeting up
at IKEA in the near future!
xx Suzanne
YAY x 100!!! It is beautiful!!! :)
ReplyDeleteOK so I love this shot and love the look of this adorable place!!! You are one lucky gal to have found such a beauty!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Terry