Hello friends!! The movers came on Monday and for the first time ever we had them take everything out of boxes. OH MY WORD... it looks like a bomb has gone off! We have been methodically working our way through the kitchen and bedrooms. Much more to do, but we spent our first night in the house on Wednesday and I slept like a baby!!! When I walked downstairs the next morning, it just felt like home. Such a great feeling after being so sad about leaving Charleston.
Help!!!!
Little bit better but still a lot to go!!
Today we took a break from unpacking and went to the Mall of America to see the Princess Diana exhibit. It was a beautiful presentation of many of her personal treasures such as toys, photos, report cards and diaries along with a collection of her dresses. The show stopper was her wedding dress and all 25 feet of its train! I was a huge fan of Diana's and got very emotional while seeing all these pieces. At one point while reading some info about her funeral to Jemma, she wiped tears off my face and said, "Let's go Mommy. This makes you too sad," My sweet girl. It was incredible and I am so glad we went!
I think I could win Mother of the Year with this photo! Yes, I took my daughter to Hooters for lunch. It was right across from the exhibit!
This was a photo outside. They did not allow any cameras or phones out at all. They didn't even allow gum chewing!
We ended the day with a quick ride in the Nickelodeon Amusement park in the Mall. She has been very adventurous lately and wanted to ride the log chute. We did and as you can see... she isn't quite sure about it! Once we were off, she didn't mind it so much, but this picture just cracked me up! She couldn't get over that don't strap you in and all you do is hold on to the rails. She kept telling her daddy that it was crazy they didn't strap you to keep you safe! She is so funny!
This weekend we are going to be unpacking and I have a little antiquing trip planned with one of my neighbors. If anyone wants to organize and unpack... come on over!!!!!
I loved Diana too, how neat that you're so close to Mall is America! I would never get unpacked if I lived there! Have fun unpacking!
ReplyDeleteNice big kitchen and oh, the fun of unpacking. Love the floor. Jemma's face on that right is so funny.
ReplyDeleteI would help, maybe line some drawers for you. I'm too old for anything else :) Love that mall. Is there still no sales tax on clothes?
ReplyDeleteI remember once, way back in the early 90's, we moved from Texas to Oklahoma and had the movers unpack us. Stuff was just sitting everywhere! You're right - it's like a bomb went off. I was 7 months pregnant at the time and had a 2-year old, so I thought it would be a great help. But, it actually ended up being a nightmare. Oh, well, I suppose it helped motivate me to get everything put away as opposed to emptying one box at a time....
ReplyDeleteI would love to see the Princess Diana exhibit! What a wonderful opportunity. And, look at you, already getting out and around with your new neighbors! Sounds like you'll be settled in to your new life in no time at all!!!
Congrats on moving into your new Minnesota home! Your kitchen looks great - love that floor :-) Looking forward to seeing the rest of your house.
ReplyDeleteToo funny that you took Jemma to Hooters!
{If you want a Matt painting like the one I gave away a while back, I'm sure Matt would be happy to create one for you.}
Oh my gosh, yep it looks like a bomb went off, but I know you, you'll have it fixed up and adorable in no time, love that kitchen by the way! (I'm really "into" nice looking kitchens right now :0)
ReplyDeleteAnd the Diana exhibit, sigh, I am nuts over anything royal too and this would be wonderful especially at Mall of America. I was there several years ago (hubs Aunt and Uncle live in Bloomington) and had a ball, but I don't recall the log ride.
OK, now the best part...antiquing with a neighbor sounds like you are already settling in and that's so wonderful to hear!
Hugs, Terry
Oh Kathryn I'm so excited for you! You have so much to look forward to - getting all settled in and decorating your beautiful new home. I just loved reading the part about how you walked downstairs and it just felt like home. I can remember that same feeling when I woke up here for the first time. Loved the pic of you and Jemma on the ride.
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Kim
The picture of you and your daughter is JUST LIKE the one of Diana and the boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I was at the UNpacking stage:):) We got very good feedback from the showing and we have another one in an hour. PLEASE say a little prayer if you would. I would so appreciate that. Best of luck in your new home! XO, Pinky
ReplyDeleteI know I left a comment here but don't see it???? Wonder where it went? I mentioned that you and Jen look like Diana and her boys did in that famous shot!!!! XO, Pinky
ReplyDeleteI would love to see Diana's dress! How awesome is that? Seems like you had a fun day at the Mall of America. I'm sure you'll have many more good times there.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see your house all decorated!
HI again sweetie, Yes, we got to choose alot of things in the house but some things we didn't. However, I know I will love everything. I went TOTALLY different in my new kitchen: right now I ahve light oak cabinets, in the new kitchen the cabs are almost black:):) I also chose to have all the light fixtures and hardware in rubbed bronze. Can't wait to have that! I can't wait to be able to show you all!!!! XO, Pinky
ReplyDeleteGosh, I love your kitchen. I can see you going lighter for sure in this house...it is talkin to you honey! Looks like a fun day aside from the unpacking.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, the Princess Diana exhibition!! I have no words! How wonderful that must have been!! I am loving your house so far! What a great room and lovely island. I brought the box back just for you, and I'm glad I did because it works really well on the table! Take care and I can't wait to see more!
ReplyDelete