Monday, July 30, 2012

Moved It Around!

Hello everyone!  Thanks for all your suggestions and we followed them!  We pulled out the sliders and moved all the bad boys around.  Left it for a bit, sat on it, watched a little t.v.

What do you think?  















 VS.





Side by side...






I know what our thoughts are!  What are yours?  Tell me if you like the daylight vs. night better!






19 comments:

  1. That's a tough one, but I think I prefer it the 1st way better, it looks a bit more open and airy that way. The new arrangement sort of closes the room in.

    However, what do you prefer better....that's what really counts. =) I'm going through the same thing in my house, too! I place the furniture and then a day or two later I am moving it again. Which option has a better flow...that's what I keep asking myself when I move the furniture. lol!

    Your home is coming together nicely! xo ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm? I think I like the sofa back in it's old spot better too, maybe. Have you tried putting the sofa along the wall facing the windows with the short end of the curve following the curve of your carpet. Then leaving the chair and ottoman angled by the window where it is in the second photos. (Hope that made sense) Then you you could move one end table beside the chair in front of the window. The other end table could go over by the sofa along the wall near the bedrooms if it's long enough. Leaving the middle of the room open to go from the den to the kitchen as your walk through area. Don't know if this will work okay with your space since I am just looking at it through a snapshot but just wanted to mention it in case you like the idea and it works. But like Liz says it's really what you like the most that counts. You are living in the space and know what works best for your family too. When we first moved here I rearranged almost weekly for weeks on end. LOL!
    I can't wait to hear which way you like it best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say I like BHW's plan ... though I know I'm a person who likes floating sofas. Really, either are nice -- what a great space. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much better, did you have that couch all the time. It is like it was made for that corner. I think it frames the room. Other way looked cluttered to me, this way looks organized and clean. If I did anything, I would remove one end table with an airy light piece. Maybe one of those ceramic stool/table things. Would add some color too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the new way. After looking again the new way seems as though it feels warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I like the first one better too... for the same reasons.. alittle more open and airy. I lost my blog roll breifly, and had to figure out where to find everyone again!... Yay!! Found you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely the new layout. It looks much cozier, and the sectional helps define the family room space and creates a division between the family room and the kitchen. Plus with the sectional in the new position, all three of you can snuggle together on it and have a direct line of vision to the TV :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. second one - defines the room and I love the curve of the sofa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome home!!

    I had fun catching up
    on your posts. Sounds
    like you had a GREAT trip.

    I like the second version
    of the room, as it seems
    cozier, some how. That
    room is so big you could
    almost do two groupings
    of seating areas and pull
    this furniture closer to the
    fireplace and the TV. Just
    a thought!

    I'd love to get together
    once school starts....Let
    me know!

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to say, I love the new arrangement of the furniture, it looks fantastic!!! That said, they both work and give their own feel! So glad you are settling in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not usually indecisive, but I really don't know! I like the openness of the first option, but the second is also very cozy and frames the room. Either way it's a beautiful room!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK...my turn to check in...
    I think when I look at the room, the focal points are most definitely the windows, TV and fireplace so play those features up. Also when you place the sofa like Decorative Dreamer said; "Have you tried putting the sofa along the wall facing the windows with the short end of the curve following the curve of your carpet" that also creates a "walk space or hallway" if you will into the back powder room which is a natural. Also I too I'm a person who likes floating sofas but in the end, what do YOU LIKE and what works for you comfort wise and what do you want the room to feel like?
    Love this house BTW!!!
    Hugs girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep yep that's it! Looks great girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh btw I meant the second way, I prefer it the 2nd way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought I commented on your post already...maybe I just thought I did and instead read it and ran. lol Ever do that? Many time I'm waiting for someone(teenage daughter) to come downstairs so we can go somewhere, so I pull up a blog and read it, only to have the daughter come down quicker than I thought! LOL. You'll get there. Anyway, I love this configuration and it looks cozy. Your kitchen looks great, too and can't wait to see it all decorated...and organized! Hope you're enjoying your last days of summer with Jemma!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I am glad you put it back the original way. I like the openess of the first arrangement. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is more cozy! I would take the large end table by the sofa and move it and kitty corner the brown chair and ottoman by the fireplace (window area) and put the one table and lamp by the window where you have the electrical.Table would be to the left arm of the brown chair. If you feel you need a chair, for about $199 you can get a fun pattern is a color without arms and put where the brown chair was. Then carry out the colors of the fun in pillows on the sofa and brown chair. this will give color, pop, and the "eye" will travel all over the rm. Less is more. And a nice color of rusts/reds/ golds in the chair and pillows would give that option. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. my first comment I forgot to mention the lamp table on the left side of the sofa not the one near the window right sofa arm should be left. And the left arm sofa that table needs to be move. so I have a p.s to my comment.

    ReplyDelete