Well, my baby has left me. I am a mix of crazy emotions right now. I am so excited for her, but so sad to have her go. She has been my best buddy and with me for the last three and a half years. She only did preschool and Kindergarten for half days. I would pick her up, we would do girls lunch and then just be together. Why do our babies have to grow up?
She was determined to ride the bus! I wanted to take her on the first day,
but she would have no part of that!!
She didn't realize that I had followed her to school! I did our little whistle as she was going in and she turned around. At first I got a little of the the "Oh Mom..." look and then her toothless grin broke out!
She got right to work. I just hugged her and told her how proud I am of her and how much I love her. She looked at me and said, "Mom, are you going to go now?" I told her I would right after she told me she loved me! She did and gave me a smooch. I didn't even cry until I got in the car so I thought that was pretty good!
What will I do with myself? Oh, trust me... there are plenty of projects around here, but today, I am going to meet a friend for lunch, take a nap and be waiting at the bus stop to get my girl!







So hard to let them go. She will do fine. Not sure about you.
ReplyDeleteI remember that feeling!!!.... and she is just so adorable. As are the three of you, what a lovely family.
ReplyDeleteHow sweet! First grade is a big step....and now you've both taken it! I'm sure she will do fine. I mean, look at her, already grabbing the crayons and getting after it. It's fine to cry that first day - I think we all do. But, it's all a part of raising our kids - that letting go a little at a time.
ReplyDeleteAhhh...your killing me with this first grade stuff. Jemma looks happy has a clam!~
ReplyDeleteSo fun, and I bet she was the only precious southerner in her perfectly smocked dress!
ReplyDeleteWell she looks pretty content to me and her teacher looks very engaging. I love it! First grade..what a wonderfully memorable time for all of you! :)
ReplyDeleteAw, she looks really happy Kath. And her teacher looks very sweet. I know how hard it is. My niece just left for college and my sister is not doing well at all. It doesn't get any easier. Hang in there and dive into some projects. Before you know it they come home!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Kim
Hello,
ReplyDeletesiete una bellissima famiglia, e tua figlia è veramente una grande bellezza poterla guardare.
Grazie che ci fai conoscere la tua vita.
Sei così lontana...
Baci e tanti auguri !!!!
Myriam
Very sweet....I love your persistence :) She looks very ready and independent. Mine are both in Middle School now, 6th and 8th. I cried as much or more than the 1st day of kindergarten as I watched my daughter walk to the bus stop that is out of eye sight. I felt better on day 2 when she had her brother walking with her!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness this post just tugs at my heartstrings and I don't even have kids but I'm sitting here sniffing anyway! She just looks so adorable with her darling outfit and back-pack and that cute smile! I know this may be difficult for you to send her off, but it sure sounds like you two have a very special bond and nothing will ever change that! You are one very blessed women ans she is one very lucky little girl!
ReplyDeleteGlad you treated yourself too for the day by going to lunch with a friend otherwise you'd be sitting at home just watching the clock and waiting :O)
Hugs,
Terry
Sounds like our son the day he went off on the bus to school! Never even looked back, just hopped on with the little girl from down the street and off he went down the street. Bittersweet for me.... but since I volunteered at the school, he was never far from sight 2 mornings a week. You'll do fine and you'll be getting lots of things done in the new house, too. Hang in there, Kathryn! xo Sue
ReplyDeleteI still laugh when I think
ReplyDeleteof people asking what I
was going to do with "All
that time!!" I seemed to
fill it in no time flat and
still don't have enough.
Your girl looked darling
and I bet she is loving it.
That's what we want the
most for them, right?
Let's try and do lunch
in October?? Even though
I have "all that time," my
schedule is packed, at
the moment : )
Happy Monday,
xo Suzanne
Grade 1 was so long ago for me, I can't even remember how my mom and I felt about it! I know I didn't take the bus, because my school wasn't far from home so I walked there and back every day - even got to come home at lunch to watch the Flintstones :-)
ReplyDeleteIt looks like Jemma is going to have fun in grade 1 :-) And I'm sure you'll get used to her being at school and you'll enjoy having your days to yourself :-)
What an exciting time for her, and bitter-sweet for you, I'm sure! She looked so cute, and what a pretty 1st grade dress...love it, so stylish! :)
ReplyDeleteJust had to laugh at this one!You are too cute!
ReplyDelete