Monday, October 15, 2012

New Landscaping!

We finally got our landscaping done!  I am always nervous when they start to rip up the grass as I don't know what I have gotten myself into!  I have to say that I love it and it is better than I envisioned!  Here is a BEFORE...


and AFTER...


All the plants are so small right now, but in a few years, they will be nice and full!


We have a sweet little crabapple tree in the corner


I have a hydrangea bush!!!



We did not have a path from the driveway to the porch.  The builder made the access go to the sidewalk.  It is nice for the whole neighborhood feel, but we were constantly cutting through the grass to get to the front!  We decided to have the flagstone path put down and I love it!  


Our yard had quite a bit of slope so we added the small retaining walls and I think it adds so much to the front of the house!  It makes ours a little different from everyone else's and I love that!  We are so pleased and can't wait to see when all the plants grow in next spring!

We have had a lazy weekend and I have loved every minute of it!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend as well!  


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful new landscaping, Kathryn! I love the stacked stone and different levels ... ties in beautifully with your columns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful! I love the flagstone path and the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! love the stonework, and that's such a pretty porch too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fantastic Kathryn! Love how it all ties in with the house stone, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difference terracing made to your front landscape, Kathryn!!! I love the stone walls and path. The house looks so complete and finished! You will love having hydrangeas- I have lots of them in our front and side beds. Smart to space out your plantings- most landscapers like to crowd in so much and then it is waaaay too crowded in a year or so. I know you are very happy with your transformation! Thanks for the accolades re: my "outside the box" cloches in my last post. xo Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flagstone and it
    sounds like you will have
    a nice rotating show of
    color, between your crab
    apple, the hydrangea and
    other perennials. Now you
    should go forth and plant
    a lot of bulbs in between
    so you will get the early
    "show," as well!

    Looking forward to seeing
    you this week....

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. The landscaping added so much character to an already beautiful house. I think you're going to enjoy that flagstone path. We put one in a few years ago to get to our sidewalk. And, you're going to enjoy that hydrangea...love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you just imagine when this is all in bloom...it already looks fantastic, so, I can just imagine! Great work!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! I love your new landscaping. It will look great next summer when it fills in and your hydrangea is blooming.

    ReplyDelete