Saturday, October 6, 2012

They're Baa-aack!

Halloween is here and we have been invaded by spooky friends yet again!!!  
We even had a new witch and jack o'lantern join the fun! 



Meet our newest friend!  When I saw her on a clip art site, I knew she would want to hang out in our dining room.  Hmmm... I wonder what she is cooking up?


Dracula is back! 
He was always in our bay window in Charleston so I have him swooping in from the 
side in our new house.


This happy jack o'lantern is popping in with a few bat friends.  This window is easily 20 feet up.  I was shaking like a leaf putting him up there and didn't care if he was crooked or not!  I was terrified of falling backward!  Thank goodness I will only do this a two times a year!


Our sweet cat is back!  She is the only cat allowed in the house that won't make the husband sneeze besides me (he always calls me Kat!)!


Jemma's favorite witch is zooming in on her broomstick.  Jem was so sad that she wasn't in her room anymore.  I have a feeling I will be making one for her room even though it is in the back of the house! 


I think the new witch is my favorite!  


I created these by using good old fadeless black bulletin board paper that I bought at a teachers' supply store.  I found pictures I liked online first.  Then I cut the paper the size of the windows and just hand sketched the picture on.  I cut them out and taped them up!  Easy peasy!!  

 It is definitely feeling like Halloween now!  


Linking up with:
Debbie's Fall Home Tour party at Debbiedoo's
Roeshel's Craft Party at DIY Showoff
Kim's Wow Us Wednesday Party at Savvy Southern Style

21 comments:

  1. You know I love it and I love the new witch stirring up her brew. Your neighbors are going to wonder who moved in their neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to ask you how you did it. My sister has some that someone gave her and my husband wants some for our windows. Definately Dracula, the witch and some bats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your neighbors must love it! Very cool effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man girl I LOVE LOVE LOVE these things!~ You must be a hit in your new neighborhood. Your house looks so pretty, spooky and cool at the same time. Thanks for sharing. I am going to share these on facebook if you don't mind:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your windows are amazing!!! Your very creative.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the coolest thing ever! My boys saw it and want to make them :)
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love these and they always make me smile -- so happy to see them back. Your new neighbors must think you're the coolest. chick. ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heck yeah!! You are so talented!! They look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY !!! I'm soooo glad to see that this tradition didn't stay in Charleston, girlfriend. You did a fantastic job ... and, I'm super proud of you for climbing up that ladder. I wouldn've passed OUT, for sure. You guys are going to be the envy of the neighborhood. LOVE it all !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing this post every year, this is such a creative idea, as I've never seen it done before. Looks great! XO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I just love it! I have never decorated our house "fun" for Halloween, but I've always wanted to. I'm sure the neighborhood kids get a kick out of yours!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your electric bill for
    October will be pretty
    spooky, but I think the
    neighbors will all tell you
    that it's totally worth it!
    What a cute and fun
    tradition that you have
    created, Kat!!

    I wonder what Jemma is
    going to be for Halloween?
    Be forewarned, it's almost
    always really, REALLY cold
    on the big night. It's not
    unusual to see princesses
    with sweat pants or long
    johns on under their pretty
    gowns and wearing WARM
    shoes and even gloves or
    ear muffs : )

    Enjoy this rainy, cozy day.
    It's been a long time since
    we've had rain!

    Happy Tuesday,
    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these! They look so good on your new house. So simple, yet striking! My favorite is the witch on the broom too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your new neighbors are going to be so envious....such cool Halloween decor :) Love the new witch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely the most fun Halloween decor ever, Kathryn!! So fun and cool. Your new witch is really a great addition to your collection. Wish I could do this. Glad to see you incorporated this into your new home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely the most fun Halloween decor ever, Kathryn!! So fun and cool. Your new witch is really a great addition to your collection. Wish I could do this. Glad to see you incorporated this into your new home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! These are WONDERFUL! Very clever idea. I may have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are wicked cool! Thanks for sharing!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't tell you how much I love that you do your windows like this...so awesome!!! One day, I'll have a house, and am going to give this a try...thanks to your lovely inspiration! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is the coolest window treatment I have ever seen! The clean, huge windows gave justice to the designs; it looks so realistic. I wonder what decoration you had just this Halloween, and what you have in mind for your window this Christmas. >> Li Ayers @ Renewal by Andersen®

    ReplyDelete