It was a 2 1/2 hour shoot and I loved every minute of that sweet boy!!! The key to newborn photography is just patience. I still have a long way to go and editing newborns is a whole new ball game! They have red splotches, yellow noses, and purple/blue feet! Woo! I did a lot of researching and Youtube watching, but was very happy with the results and the parents were too! He was a doll!
A friend of this family saw my work and asked me to do a Halloween mini session of their son. I said, "YES!" They have also booked me to do his 6 month/Christmas photos and his one year!
I love this last one! I call it... Did Someone Say Candy????
So word is spreading and I also have a new gig working with Chic Critique Forum! Kelli France is an amazing photographer who has designed a forum for photographers with so much information! She offers a 4 week critique from celebrity photographers. You sign up and they critique your work. It is so wonderful to hear what a pro in the business thinks of your work! I am going to run their Giveaways page that we are launching in December! I am so excited! Between all this and volunteering in Jemma's school... I am a busy woman! And I thought I would have all this free time!!!!









You have the best job ever:) Oh how beautiful
ReplyDeleteevery.single.one.
Ha, too funny! We always think we're going to have a bunch of free time when the kids enter school, not the case, is it? ;) Congrats! The Chic Critique Forum sounds fun! I have to say, your photography is A M A Z I N G!! You have some mad talent,lady! :)Thanks for sharing. I look forward to hearing more about this! XOXO ~Liz
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work! Oh yeah, I think it's happening for you girlfriend. I love it and I love that you are introducing yourself as a photographer now too. I love it because you really are and these photos show it. Congrats to you!
ReplyDeleteLove the newborn images especially!....
ReplyDeleteI wish you were in Dallas! Maybe next move.... :) You will be filling up with photo shoots once the word gets out.
ReplyDeleteI am loving this post, Kathryn!!!! You do such beautiful work, and I'm so glad you put yourself out there in your new community. Such talent. Yay for you, and for the families who benefit from your mad skillz! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat shots Kathryn! I'm sure your business will be up and running in no time. I just read your Halloween post and it certainly sounds like you are in a terrific neighborhood. So happy for you and your famly.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pics! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteOMGoodnees, those babies are SOO sweet! I am hoping you photography business will be a HUGE sucess!!!! I wish you lived nearby and could give me some lessons so my pictures wold be better:) XO, Pinky
ReplyDeletebeautiful, gorgeous, photos! way to go!
ReplyDeleteKathryn, this is so fantastic! Word of mouth has started and you'll be the most popular photographer in town soon :-) You did an amazing job with these pictures - my favourite is the close-up of the little guy in the chicken costume :-)
ReplyDeleteGood luck and have fun on your new photography venture!
{P.S. We're thinking of taking a trip to Charleston next April - do you have any tips on the best places to go and the best things to do?)
The most precious pictures ever. You are so talented Kathryn. I wish I could take a good picture but I stink at it. Any tips? LOL!
ReplyDeleteYou have definitely found your calling, girlfriend! These pictures are wonderful. He is a cutie pie!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, girl,
ReplyDeletethese pics are just precious!
You really rocked this photo
session and I bet the proud
parents were thrilled!!!
xo Suzanne
Happy New Year, Kathryn! (and to Jem & DH, too)
ReplyDeleteYour progress with photography is outstanding! These incredible shots just amaze me. I'm really happy that you've found some clients in this winter land of snow. It will make the season go by faster & then look out, Spring will be here!
Thank you for your sweet words of welcome. I've missed you, too. I'm happy that you are happy in your new home. (I was worried, ya' know)
I wish your family a Blessed & Healthy New Year,
fondly,
Rett