It was gray, overcast and a bit rainy in Charleston and we were hearing that bad with a capital B weather was heading to Atlanta which was our layover city. Tom and I have traveled enough to know that this was not a good sign. Our flight was delayed. O.k. We can hang. Then it got delayed again. They started working with us to try to make a flight to Germany. Our choices became 1) fly to La Guardia, get all our stuff, take a taxi across New York City to JFK, and get on a plan there to take us to Frankfurt or 2) fly later to Atlanta and change planes again in Paris. Well, neither of these was great with dragging all our luggage (4 bags, stroller, pink princess suitcase, and backpack) across New York being the least desirable so we went for the later flight.
Well, as tornadoes ripped through Atlanta we kept getting delayed and it ended up that we would miss that flight also. Tom called it quits and had our neighbor come back and get us. We went home with a very disappointed four year old. Hey, at least the few little things that I had forgotten while sitting at the airport, I got to get that night! We prayed for better weather and geared up for an early start the next day!
Hi Kathryn, thanks for the sweetest comments. I know copying is the greatest form of flattery!! My sister tells me that all the time! I love your post. I am sitting here laughing even though I am sure at the time it wasn't funny. I wish we had gotten some of that snow at our house, but all we had was an ice coating on the trees....Kim
ReplyDeleteI remember the day well, because I have friends in Atlanta and I talked with them that day...I thought there was no way you would get out!!~ At least you did finally and had a wonderful time, can't wait to see the pics!!~
ReplyDeleteYes, you can cut them back. We haven't done it yet. Late winter is best, before the new growth starts. You can google about pruning a crepe myrtle. Most people just level the branches across to the nubs as I call them, but some people say not to do it that way. Ours looks fine doing it like that though.
ReplyDeleteHi Kathryn, what where your thoughts on the Bachelor???
ReplyDelete