I have always loved this picture that I took of Jemma in 2008. I was reading a fantastic book in the Photo Workshop series called Photographing Children. You read a chapter and it gives you an assignment. I was going for angles and light and captured Jemma swinging on the swing. I was laying on my back on the ground, but sitting halfway up so I could hold the camera. Talk about a massive abdominal crunch! I absolutely adore this picture of her. This was her first year of swinging on the "big girl swing". She would just sing and yell as she whizzed through the air. What a joy and privilege it has been to have this beautiful little creature in our life to show us the beauty and pleasure in the most simple things in life.
Have a wonderful week!


She looks like she's floating in the clouds. Great photo.
ReplyDeleteWow! What a great photo!!
ReplyDeletewow, this angle works so well for this shot. It makes it 100X more interesting to see no ground. The sky all around adds a dreamy and "free" feeling to the scene. Very nice.
ReplyDeleteYou are kidding! That is incredible!! I would never have thought about that angle. So cool!
ReplyDeleteLove this - swing shots are difficult but thisone is GREAT !
ReplyDeleteI love her eyes ... the tilt of her head! Just a great picture!
ReplyDeleteThis is great! She looks like she is flying!
ReplyDeleteKathryn, that is the cutest picture ever. Wow, you had to lie on the ground for that. You go girl. Working out and taking pictures. Talk about multi-tasking!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shot! SHe looks like she is an angel flying, so cute!!~
ReplyDeleteKathryn she is just precious!
ReplyDeleteI just adore the photo of her. *Smiles*
love this! so cute!
ReplyDeleteWell done! I love taking swingset shots as well, the smiles are so genuine!
ReplyDeleteThat is an awesome photo!! Looking forward to seeing more!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, how gorgeous is this??? LOVE it! I don't know anything about photography but I really want to learn. This is inspiring. Poster worthy I tell you!
ReplyDeleteIf at first you don't succeed.... ugh. Not sure why it's not letting me comment. I think it's my internet. Anyhow, I just left you a gushing comment on how gorgeous and poster-worthy this pic of. Hopefully, this time you'll receive it!
ReplyDeleteYou are indeed blessed. Your daughter is absolutely precious!
ReplyDeleteLove this shot!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful shot!!! She is just adorable!
ReplyDeleteI just lovethat you captured her swinging into the sky like that...as if she was in space by herself. Very nice.
ReplyDeleteWOW! You did a great job! It looks like she's going to swing right up into those clouds in the sky.
ReplyDelete