Ok, everyone! I am going to try to link up to Susan's Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch. I love Susan's blog and she and Debbiedoos were the ones who really inspired me to go for it!
We moved into our new home last July and I am really having a hard time making it my own. We moved from our "dream" house in Michigan to a very lovely house here in Charleston, but just missed my old house. It was a few hundred square feet bigger which I know isn't much, but when you try to cram as much stuff into a smaller space...well, there are challenges! We are enjoying the process of how to make it all fit and one idea that I came up with to put shelves in my pantry for my spices.
My spice shelf in my cabinet started out like this
I couldn't ever find anything I needed and once I started pulling things out, everything fell on my head. Don't you hate when that happens??
My pantry looked like this
We had an old wooden wine rack that we were no longer using. I thought we could repurpose it for a spice rack so the BHW went with my thoughts, cut, nailed, and created these sweet little shelves!
Now my pantry looks like this!
Everything has its own little spot and I can easily read and find all my spices! Not to mention with the curve of the original wine rack, they are pretty too!
And there you have it! Repurposed wine rack into easy to find spice shelves!




Kathryn, what a great idea to take something old and repurpose it to something useful. My spices are in a pull out shelf behind a cabinet and I have to pull each one up to look for what I need. Then there is even more in another cabinet. I am proud of you linking up to a party. You will have so much fun doing these. Love your background birdies.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful is that?? It looks great! We bought one of those spice racks that you put on the door, it is like the wire shelving in the pantry....it is fantastic to open the pantry and actually see what you have to spice it up!!~ Have a great day:)
ReplyDeleteHow cute! You did a great job creating a little spice rack. Everything is so neat and organized. Love it!
ReplyDeleteLove it! What a great idea!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous idea! They turned out really cute and so nice that you can see what you want at one glance.
ReplyDeleteClever!!! My pantry looks just like that. I seriously dream about a huge walk-in pantry!!!!! Someday...........
ReplyDeleteHi Jem! Love how you reused your old wine rack. Very smart! Our pantry looks alot like yours but a bit deeper. We also bought a wire unit that attaches to the back side of the door securely and hides away when the door is closed. It is so nice for all those spices and extra packets as well. I love getting organized, unfortunately it is an ever ongoing process, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteHello Kathryn,
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice to meet you! Thank you very much for your kind visit to my blog. You are always welcome anytime my friend.
What a fabulous idea for your pantry re-do! This really looks good and so well oraganized. Thank you for the inspiration. ~Lovely job!
Many blessings to you and yours.
~Warmly, ~Melissa :)
Hi, Kathryn, thanks for stopping by! I look forward to seeing you often. Love your newly organized spices. I just did that recently too.
ReplyDeleteThat is a wonderful idea!! I only have a cabinet for mine at this point. Love the organization!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! My spice rack looks just like yours used to. I think you've inspired me...
ReplyDeleteLike you, we just moved from a larger home with "a bit" more storage to a cottage with limited space and I'm trying to figure out how to fit everything in its own place. I love love LOVE how you repurposed the wine rack for spices. I just got new cabinets in the kitchen, but my old spice racks don't work in these...they are narrower. You've got the wheels in my head just spinning with ideas.
ReplyDeleteStopping by from the linky party at "Beneath My Heart" and can't wait to catch up on your previous posts to see how you are adjusting to your new home!
Jane
www.janiesporch.blogspot.com
Great idea! To use something old and make something new and to also use up extra space. I love this idea.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Lee Laurie
I am in love with this idea! Thanks for sharing it. Be blessed. Cindy
ReplyDeleteGotta like that! Ingenius, I say! I have a similar pantry and little shelves look like the perfect fix for that odd side wall space. Thanks for the idea!
ReplyDelete