Monday, March 29, 2010

Silly girl




I  just wanted to write down a few silly things that my child has been saying to us lately.  I really want to use this blog as a journal for myself to share with here so bear with me!

We have two very pregnant ladies on the street.  I mean really pregnant /due in May and June/ there is a cute beach ball in their bellies pregnant.  So of course, Jemma asks about it.  I tell her how the baby lives in the mommy's belly and gets their food from the mommy.  We talked about how the doctor just helps the baby come out.  I figured that was a topic for a few years from now!  So Jemma starts telling us how she remembers being in my tummy.  This isn't one conversation that we had, but she has been telling us tidbits about it for weeks now!  Hilarious!

**She hung pictures up to make it look pretty and decorate.  (That's my girl!)

**It appears that she would travel through my blood to sleep on my brain because it is softer.  Is that a compliment?  I don't think so!

**She is not allowed to drink Coke nearly as often as she would like to so she informed me that she got to drink all the Diet Pepsi and Fresca that I drank when she was in my tummy, but if she wasn't thirsty, she would just put it in her blood freezer and save it!!!

Where does she get this stuff?!?

She also threw a GINORMOUS fit tonight when she didn't get her way.  She is an only child.  She is spoiled.  I blame Daddy.

Anyhoo... she didn't follow directions so I warned her that I would take away her story time.  Well, she lost one book.  Didn't phase her so she lost her second book.  Well then the FIT began.  The screaming, crying and throwing things.  I just put her in her room and shut the door.  She opened it, came out,  and started screaming at us (but really me as I am the bad guy!) I picked her up, put her back in her room, and shut the door.  Now do that scene about 4 more times and you are getting the picture.  On round feels like 456 she says so sweetly, "Mama, I just (snuffle, snuffle) want a real person (snuffle, snuffle) to lay with me.  I gladly snuggle up.  She snuffles some more and rolls over and tells me that she wishes "Daddy were rich and didn't have to work and we could have servanents"(translation - servants).  Keep in mind we have been watching the Princess and the Frog A LOT and we have talked about his butler.  For you Arthur fans, Muffy has a butler.  Carlotta is a servant in The Little Mermaid, and so on...  My child makes connections like you wouldn't believe.  So I tell her that we are rich.  We are rich in love, health, and happiness and that is what is really important.  "We may be rich, but we don't have servanents, " she replies.
     "What would we do with servanents, honey," I ask.
    "They would do whatever I want and read me books."

Crafty... the kid is crafty!

3 comments:

  1. I guess Jemma being an only child has made her really mature since she is with adults most of the time. She is so smart. What an imagination! She has such beautiful skin coloring and eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My granddaughter is 3-1/2 and she is totally into the Disney Princesses and saying things that blow me away. They are just precious at that age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That girl has a great imagination, nurture it!!! You know you can send funny stories to Readers Digest and they pay for them!!

    ReplyDelete