Friday, July 16, 2010

Some of my favorites

Amy at Playing Sublimely asked in her latest post if we have a favorite picture of our babies.  Well, of course I have hundreds that I love, but I wanted to share a few that have just touched me.  The first one is one that I took of her the summer that she was two.  She had just mastered the whole hanging onto the swing by herself without me having a complete panic attack (o.k.  I still had some panic attack issues, but I put on a brave face!).  She absolutely loved to swing and would sing at the top of her lungs as she flew through the air!  " I am flying so high!  I am flying so high!"  Oh my heart be still.  

I laid on the ground in a half crunch under her to try to capture this shot.  I love the smile and look of pure joy on her face.  I love the wild and crazy hair and the warm glow of the afternoon sun.  I love how it looks like she is flying through the air.  


I have to toot my own horn here for a second.  I was reading a workshop series book and submitted this picture for critique.  The author of the book, photographer Ginny Felch wrote this, " Doesn't get much better than this! Beautiful concept and you carried it off so well. If this isn't photoshopped I am even more impressed!! Best of luck. Ginny Felch "  That was a super proud moment for me!!!  

My next two favorite pictures are ones that were taken by an awesome photographer here in Charleston named Tim Willoughby of Timwill Photography.  If you are ever in the Charleston area, I highly recommend him.  His prices are extremely reasonable and a proceed goes to the charity of your choice.  He was fantastic with Jemma and I just left the two of them alone.  He captured so many great shots of her and her personality.  She is totally sassy and funny right now and he got that silly side here.  She had just thrown a batch of leaves at him and realized that she wasn't going to get in trouble and started giggling her head off!


This next one I had blown up into a 16 x 20.  He captured the soft sweet side of her that whispers "I love you, Mommy" when we are laying in bed at night and all is quiet.  Such a sweet wisdom in those big ol' eyes in this one.  I love it.



My last favorite is a picture I took on the carousel by the Eiffel Tower in Paris.  I love how you can just make out the outline of the Eiffel Tower lit up at night.  She loves carousels and the Eiffel Tower.  It couldn't get much better than that!  It is a moment that I will never forget.


Thanks Amy for making me think about these sweet pictures and letting me share them with all of you!

8 comments:

  1. I STILL love that first picture!! So great! Also, it is amazing to look at the first picture and then the middle two and see how much more grown up she looks. Still just as ADORABLE!

    PS-Thanks for entering my giveaway! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She makes a beautiful model. And I can tell she is used to being in front of the camera! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn, all those photos are just superb. I really love the swing shot you captured. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable "model" you have to work with! The photo of her on the swing is incomparable. Perfectly timed - great color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are truly "take your breath away" moments, Kathryn! Such a beautiful little girl...keep snapping away because she will grow up so fast. *sad sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so stunning. You capture some beautiful moments. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, I think the one on the swing is so amazing! You really should consider entering that into a contest! If ever a picture is worth a thousand words, this has to be it!
    This will be one of those pics that will be at Jems wedding in a slide show someday:)
    Thanks for sharing,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT GREAT PICTURES...
    BREATHTAKING...
    I FOUND YOUR SITE TODAY, THANKS FOR SHARING WITH US, I AM ADDING YOU TO MY SIDE BAR...

    ReplyDelete