Monday, November 22, 2010

My first photo shoot that isn't Jemma!

Well, I did it. Not only one, but two!   I conned the neighbors into bringing their babies down for me to take their pictures.  I am taking another class and feeling like I am growing so much as a photographer.  I had so much fun with these sweet babies!  I would love your feedback!  Be honest... brutally honest!














How come rolls like that don't look so precious on me????

16 comments:

  1. You did SUCH a beautiful job!!!!
    Wow, I am super impressed.
    I love the one with the baby holding the snowflake, but they are all just wonderful.

    You go, girl!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them Kathryn! Except for the lighting being slightly dark in a couple of them, I think you have done fantastic! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love taking pictures, but am not a photographer. These are adorable! My favorites are the two in the basket, especially the second basket picture! If that was my baby, that picture would be hanging in my house! You captured the cutest expression! The last two are simply precious! Wish I could find some photography classes close by. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and keep snapping those pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    that is soooo lovly.So goreose.

    greatings send you Conny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cutie pie, you are a great photographer, their Christmas card is ready!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They don't look precious on me either. *sigh*

    Beautiful portraits! You're doing great! I have a similar shot of my son sitting in a galvanized bucket holding a rubber duck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, what a great job! And you make me laugh, I wish rolls were that cute on me too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! You are such a pro! Really! I just love these! I am sure your neighbors must be thrilled. Love the whitewash wooden background against that sweet pink baby skin. These are excellent Katherine. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathryn, those are FANTASTIC, seriously! You are good and now you can just start charging away. Brooke's friend that took hers is a self taught photographer and is doing it for money now. Brooke had to pay $150 I believe for the session and a cd and the baby announcements. They turned out so cute. Yes, those rolls are cuter on babies than us. Oh well, I tell people I earned every roll I have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOODNESS! I AM IN LOVE! AND I AM TOTALLY YELLING -- THESE ARE AMAZING!!!!!!! I am so excited for you, Kathryn. Seriously, I LOVE these. I laughed out loud with some of them, and the others made me go "awwwwwwww." I can't even pick a favorite. YOU DID IT! WOOT WOOT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As I was looking at these photos, I just wanted to hug those little babies up and burrow my face in their sweet innocence. You so beautifully captured it! Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my goodness!!! How precious!!!! I wouldn't let them go back home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The one of the little girl holding the snowflake is spectacular! Well they all are...I do not really see much lighting issues, but then again, I am no photographer so I would not notice that. Keep it up, you have a great eye and an awesome talent!!~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my dear friend, I am so totally blown away at these, they are just wonderful! I can't even say which one is my favorite because they are all so precious! You've captured the lighting and moods so well and they are just lovely!
    I think you are on your way to something my friend!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  15. BRAVO, Kathryn!! Very well done! Having such adorable subject matter had to make this a wonderful experience. You captured the essence of each child beautifully. LOVE the props, esp. that RED ROCKER!!!

    I'm certain that people would pay good money to have you photograph their children. I would!

    Hope your turkey day was loads of fun.

    fondly,
    Rett

    ps: be sure to stop by & listen to the clip I have up of a little girl telling the story of Jonah...it will give you goosebumps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a fabulous job and I especially love that first shot!

    ReplyDelete