Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We got home last night from our Thanksgiving trip to Tennessee with my family!  I love being on our farm and just being home.  The food is nothing to laugh at either!  My stepmom knows how to cook and cook she does!  We have friend chicken, ham, and turkey!  When I called my BFFL to say Happy Thanksgiving, I told her about all this food.  She said, "What is this?  A meat lover's Thanksgiving?!?"  Ha!  What a spread!  Not only is her food fantastic, but she bakes pies... lots of pies.  We had two fudge, two pecan, once cheerio cheesecake, and one pecan caramel cheesecake (excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard!).  Let me just say that we did not go hungry!  I got to visit with my sweet niece, Amber, who is now 22!  How did that happen?  Wonderful family, fantastic food, and beautiful sunsets on the farm.  I am thankful for such a wonderful Thanksgiving!








 He who rules the grandparents house!




She who rules our house... o.k.  she is second in command!



Nothing like a rousing game of High Ho Cherry-o!  Thanks Aunt Lisa!




The grandparents



My niece, Amber, and her boyfriend, Todd, whom Jemma adores!



She takes dress up clothes to make Todd dress up!  They got her the sweet tutu, headband, gloves and necklace for Christmas!











There is no place like home for the holidays.



17 comments:

  1. Goodness, that's a veritable food orgy!!! ;-)
    Looks and sounds wonderful, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no place like home, you are right... I didn't have enough pies though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love these family pics. Jemma sure loves to get read to, which is so sweet. I love how Todd dressed up for her her, he is going to be a good Dad someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fried chicken, I am coming for Thanksgiving with you guys next year!!!! So glad you had a good visit with family and made lasting memories.

    Have a Great Week,
    Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It's so nice you got to visit with your inlaws and travel home. The food looked delicious! Beautiful family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! You had me at cheesecake..... my weakness in life for sure! I also have a stepmom who can cook, love that! Still trying to catch up on all the posts I have missed, turns out my internet explorer was corrupt. Now I can "see" you again!!!! Happy Monday girlfriend! Kiddies are home with me for one more day, than back to reality tomorrow! I have so enjoyed these last five days! Spent a lot of time in my craft room, scrapbooking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uuuuuummmm...OKAY! Is that the actual FOOD yall ate oooorrr are those pics from a cookbook?!?! I am coming with you for Christmas! OR...You need to FedEx me some of all that IMMEDATELY! YUUUUUUUUUUUMERS! Thank you for your visit to my Christmas tree fiasco! So glad we found each other! Love you sweet blog and all the sweet stories!

    Blessings xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You weren't kidding -that was quite a spread. And it all looks so delicious. I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving back at home - what a beautiful farm. I'm on bedrest til baby comes so won't be doing a lot of decorating this year....THanks for checking in!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum!Looks like you had some great food and a wonderful Thanksgiving! I loved hearing about your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look.at.all.that.FOOOOOD! Yum-eee! I so loved looking at all of your family pics. They captured what Thanksgiving is truly about. Your candid shots are the best ... they are my favorite kind! So, not to push you or anything, but I'm ready to see your Christmas decor!! And, BTW, that's the cutest Indian Princess I've ever seen. Big hugs, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  11. O-M-G!
    This looks so good, I cannot believe all this food and not one picture of the "after dinner snooze" just lot's of smiles all around! This just looks like it was so much fun and what a wonerful place to spend the holiday!
    Happy Holiday's to all of you!
    Terry
    PS Kathryn, you look as beautiful as ever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly a lot
    to be thankful
    for! Looks like
    a cozy, happy time....
    Even for the pooches : )
    Happy Thursday!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by Kathryn! I have been so busy, I haven't been around much except the parties I linked up with. The food looked delicious!! Especially the pecan pie! Yum, yum!

    Tell Grandma and Grandpa that they should smile when you take their picture!! They have to smile for that princess that is with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a fabulous time with your family :-) I'm so envious of those beautiful views and all that yummy-looking food!

    Love Todd's tiara! ;-)

    I'm having another giveaway - come by and enter when you have a chance :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmmmm. Pecan pie. Mmmmmmmm. Did I see deviled eggs? And cheesecake? And fried chicken? Oh baby. I am hitching a ride with you next Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable blog and pictures. Happy holidays!

    xx

    www.novembergrey.com

    ReplyDelete