The next day, we picked up our race packets and then hit Margaritaville for lunch. Coconut shrimp and a margarita for me! Yummy! The others had a drink called the Pink Cadillac. If you ever need a yummy sweet drink, go for this! It was awesome!
Me, Chris, Dreama, and Julie
Pay no attention to the bite already taken out of the shrimp before I remember to take a picture for my blog!!
Right above our heads was the booth where the DJ plays music and the Margaritaville channel on Sirius is broadcast.
We then went to Universal Studios where we rode all the rides we could get in. We hit the Simpson's ride which was really neat. They use a lot of virtual screens and technology. You felt like you were racing around and doing loops, but you never really moved! Then on to Men in Black where we zapped aliens, and rode Jaws. Jaws was a little on the cheesy side, but a must do. We went to see Twister, and I am sad to say that I was very disappointed. All was made up though when we rode the Revenge of the Mummy and the Rip Ride Rockit!! The Rip Ride Rockit was awesome! You pick your own music to play while you ride. I got my roller coaster groove on with the Black Eyed Peas song Pump It. I love coasters, but I was tad bit nervous as we were about to get on. Oh my word!!!! It was killer!!! Thank goodness we all loved coasters and everyone had a ride buddy!
Yeah, baby!! I rode it!!! This isn't even the whole coaster! There is a lot more to the right side of the picture!
We headed back to the condo and ate gyros in the hot tub. It was an early-ish night for all of us as we had a race to run the next day!

Y'all are too cute! Looks like you had a fabulous weekend! I love the photo of you on the surf board...adorable! XOXO ~Liz
ReplyDeleteP.S. Your sweet princess is so beautiful. I love the new header. =)
Wow! What a blast! That is so cool to have friends who continue to get together and enjoy each other so much. Even better that you also get to do something good for your health. Universal studios looks like so much fun. Your pic on the Simpson surfboard cracked me up because I was hearing the theme song in my head too. LOL! I want to go there this summer! Thanks for sharing this with us, loved it!
ReplyDeleteYou girls just had toooooo much fun! Looks great. I think it wonderful that you do that race. Your looking good girl! Your diet is paying off.! XO
ReplyDeleteWhat a great trip, and now you know what photos I'm waiting to see.....
ReplyDeleteOh, Kathryn! Looks like you had a great time! I just thought I would take a moment to comment! Hope you are doing well and have a great week!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun weekend. I don't do coasters. No way. I would be so dizzy and sick doing that.
ReplyDeleteOh how fun! I could really use a girls weekend like this! :-)
ReplyDeleteVanessa
Oh my, I'm so jealous, a weekend with friends, eating in a real live restaurant that didn't have toys included with the meal, and Universal Studios! I'm glad you didn't ruin this post by talking about the 5K too much (just kidding!)
ReplyDeleteOh how fun! I love spending time with my college friends too. 8 of us are still in touch and meet every so many years since the 70's....Christine
ReplyDeleteLooks like soooo much fun!!! I can't believe you rode that roller coaster....makes me dizzy just looking at it, girl! These pictures make me want to go to Margaritaville and hang out with my girlfriends!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great time!! And that shrimp looks so yummy. Funny you mention the tapestry...it's is laying over a keyboard in the master bedroom, yes the bedroom/recording studio. This is called sacrificing for one's art:-)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, these pictures are FABULOUS...I wanted to be there with you just looking at them! Oh and that shrimp with fries...YUM-O!!! Glad you had such a wonderful time!
ReplyDeleteLiesl :)
P.S. Adorable St. Patty's Day pic of your daughter!!! :)
ReplyDeleteOMGosh! Looks like a BLAST!!! Girl time...I NEED some of that! Great post sweet girl! I KINDA felt like i was on VaCa!
ReplyDeletexoxokara
That looks like a whole lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteYou lucky dog!!!! I bet y'all just had a blast!!! Who is the Coupon queen?
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great time! You are brave going on those crazy roller coaster! I like going on roller coasters, but those are ridiculous!
ReplyDelete