I woke up at 5:15 and could hear Jemma reading books to herself in her room! She was just as excited as I was! We went down and got to see William and Harry arrive at the church. She is actually in love with Harry! Of course I had a special crown for her! I had also created a banner from The Housewife Bootcamp printables to decorate the fireplace and entertainment center! Jemma was pleased with it all!
As the royals entered, I began to whip up our chocolate chip scones and blueberry muffins. The muffins were to honor my mom. She made them for me when we watched Princess Diana's and Prince Charles' wedding with my Grandma. I still remember that morning with them and cherish it. I hope Jemma remembers our special morning too! The scone recipe came from Beth at Stories from A2Z, and they were absolutely fabulous!!!! You can go here to see the recipe she got from A Beautiful Nest.
My princess rested her tiara while she watched the wedding and then she curled up with Daddy. It was so fun to watch this special occasion with my two most favorite people!
WARNING... I DO NOT GET READY FOR ANYTHING AT 5:00. THE PHOTOS BELOW MAY BE A LITTLE SCARY!!! I am just keeping it real... in a very scary way...
One of my best friends lives in London and I spoke with her at 1:30 in the morning here as they were waiting at the Mall to see the procession! If we weren't going to Ireland next month, I guarantee you, we would have been right there with her! She is the most thoughtful human being in the world and knows how much I love the royals. She got me a commemorative stamp set, one of the programs you saw everyone holding and a London newspaper hot off the press! I adore her and just wanted to say THANK YOU, SUZANNE! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!
![]() |
| Here they are at the Mall celebrating with the crowds! |
The BHW had to go to work after we saw the Kiss and Jemma and I continued in our royal duties until one tired princess decided to sleep!
What an absolutely magical morning and I wish William and Catherine all the blessings and joy in the world. It truly was a fairy tale!



Oh Kathryn, my girls got up to watch it with me just like my mom and I did when Princess Diana got married. I must say, being such a big fan of Diana, I really felt sad that she was not there to see it. Her presence was very large, though. Looks like you all had a great morning!!!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are all way too cute!V There is a the perks to having a little girl. My boys would have killed me! Looks fun, and I can see Jemma was totally into it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun way to celebrate, your daughter will surely remember it all and do the same thing with her daughter for Kate & Will's child's future wedding! I have only seen snippets here and there. Tonight I'll sit down and watch the whole (abbreviated) thing!
ReplyDeleteKathryn I am so glad your princess got up to watch this with you! I never really got into Princess Diana as much as everyone else did but I just LOVE Princess Kathrine! I had quite a lovely morning myself too. I am exhausted now after no nap today! I am very happy I tuned in to the whole affair. I think it brought so much needed hope right now! It really was a beautiful wedding! I saw another blogger who has William and Kate paper dolls..they are fantastic! Check out the Quintessential Magpie and you will see them. Jemma would love those! Hint-Hint!
ReplyDeleteHow cute. I got up at six and saw her coming in. That was enough for me. I wasn't getting up any earlier. It was a beautiful wedding. You are going to Ireland. Such a world traveller.
ReplyDeleteI cannot tell you how happy this post makes me and how you had scones and decorated and Jenna wore a princess dress and tiara...too perfect for words!!! I got to be with my parents to celebrate this year and my mother made it so special with all the perfect details...I'll be doing a picture post this weekend or on Monday! :) LOVE that you had friends who were there...so fun! I thought the wedding was just flawless and kate's dress was perfection with all the class, sophistication and elegance of a true Disney Princess...just breathtaking and it is so lovely to see the love between them! I just loved every moment! Thank you for sharing the above or your family time together and your beautiful daughter!a
ReplyDeleteLiesl :)
Just visiting you for the 1st time, you made me laugh when I saw what you wrote on Karen's blog at This Old House 2. Love your banner across the fireplace. Hubby and I had scones and tea this morning! I'm now your newest follower! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteOhhh, so sweet of all 3 of you to watch it together. I had to watch it by myself. Hubby giggled at me when he got up and realize I never went to bed last night. But I did sleep from 8am-2pm today, thus I'm still wide awake NOW at 3:15am!!!! Ugh. But it was a lovely wedding and I adored Kate's gown and tiara! Your lil precious looks like a princess herself!!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a wonderful weekend!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents
What a wonderful time to spend with MIss cute Jemma!!!! Cute banner!!!
ReplyDeleteAw ... you're the coolest Mommy ever !! I love that you made a banner, scones and gave your princess a tiara to wear during the royal wedding! It truly was magical, wasn't it? (I love the pic of her sacked out ... too much excitement for 6 in the a.m., I'm sure!) And, what great friends to have snagged momentos for you! Hope you guys are enjoying a fabulous day!
ReplyDeleteYou did a super job with your decorating. It is just adorable! That cute, cute banner, and your own little princess is precious.
ReplyDeleteLove that your friends were on the mall. What fun! I was right there with you in the excitement. I just walked away from that with the best feeling. Like their steps are being ordered by God. I adore Catherine. I think she will be the perfect mate for William and vice versa. They just seem so in love, and that is exciting to see. Loved everything from the gorgeous dresses to the silly hats that Andrew's daughther's wore. One looked exactly like a pretzel, but they were anything but boring. LOL!
xo,
Sheila :-)
How sweet are those memories going to be! I was going to bed the night before when the guests were starting to arrive! I watched the recap! I love that you served scones and had a tiara for Jemma!
ReplyDeleteThat was TOO sweet! I even just brought the hubs over to see the pics! What a wonderful memeory you'll have.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing Kathryn!! xo
:D Lynda
Oh, you made it such a special morning for your daughter! I am sure she will always remember and treasure it! :) I didn't see the royal wedding, but saw pictures of the it afterward, and it looked like it was such a beautiful wedding! I loved the wedding dress~ so elegant and perfectly lovely! :)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I am glad you loved the scones! :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Jenni
{Beautiful Nest}