| This was Jemma's Valentine to pass out at school. Beth from Home Stories A2Z did these last year and I knew I wanted to do them! They turned out so cute and all the other moms were very impressed! Thank you Beth! |
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Happy Valentine's Day!
I hope you all have a wonderful day filled with love! Not only is this Valentine's Day, but this is the day that 18 years ago my sweet husband asked me to marry him. He had worked at the bowling alley all night, and I was in a nightgown with a cow on it that said Love Me Tender watching an I Love Lucy marathon. He came by to bring me my present. He told me to close my eyes and when I opened them he was on one knee with the ring box opened in his hand. He said, "I didn't even get you a card, but if I did, it would say, "I love you Kathryn Anne. Will you marry me?" I was so shocked I couldn't speak! He looked at me and said, "Are you going to say "yes"?" I then said yes about 1,000 times! I have never regretted saying YES. I love you BHW with all my heart. Thank you for everything! Happy Valentine's Day!
I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ah, how sweet! The proposal AND Jemma's card!
ReplyDeleteI love this story! And I love the photo cards of Jemma holding the lollipop.....what a clever idea!!!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet are these
ReplyDeletelittle valentines with
YOUR little Valentine
on them?? Hope your
day has been just as
sweet. Love your
proposal story!!!
Happy Valentine's Day,
xx Suzanne
happy Anniversary Kathryn! How sweet. I love Jemma's Valentine too!
ReplyDeleteOh and Happy Valentines day to you too! XO
ReplyDeleteHow sweet and what cute cards. Happy Valentine's.
ReplyDeleteLynn asked me on Valentine's day too. 32 years ago, we celebrate 31 years next month. I saw a bunch of those valentines on blogs. Love yours.
ReplyDeleteYou know I told you already how much I love these and I really do so I'll tell ya again! That is such a sweet story about your proposal. I'd say that's all the more reason for you two to celebrate Valentines. Don't worry, I think he's got the gist of it all right! :) I know things are most likely pretty hectic for you right now so I am glad to hear you all had a happy Valentines Day too!
ReplyDeleteThat was such a sweet proposal :-) And Jemma's Valentine's Day cards to her friends are adorable! Hope you had a lovely V-Day :-)
ReplyDeleteAwww, your proposal story is so sweet! Your Valentine's are adorable!
ReplyDeleteHow super cute and adorable are these!!! LOVE that she thought to pass those out...so creative and different! How cute that V-Day marks your engagement day too...my older sister got engaged on V-Day too! Yay! <3
ReplyDeleteI can see BOTH of our Valentines Days were filled with lots of love. How funny that you can still remember what you were wearing when he asked you to marry him. LOL
ReplyDeleteJemma's treats are just darling! Cute idea that I will pass on to Ms. C's Mommy.
for next year.
Hugs,
Rett
My grandchildren gave valentines like this.. their mama took a photo of each of them with their hand held out and then they stuck the lollipop through it... very cute!
ReplyDelete