I am so behind on my blog reading and hope to catch up with all of you very soon! We are going to Minnesota for a look/see visit in the next few weeks. I will keep you posted!
We also had our best friends come for their annual spring break visit and had a blast! We love them and just enjoy being with them. They stayed a full week and could have stayed longer! Our favorite day was the boat ride out to Morris Island Lighthouse. It is a gorgeous ride out and the best part is that we always see dolphins. I love dolphins! I always wanted to be a marine biologist and work with dolphins, but the whole don't-live-near-any-ocean thing always played a roll! To watch these gorgeous creatures swim back and forth under the boat is such an amazing experience! They were riding the wake created under the boat. Our boat captain said they love to do it! At one point, they all wanted to get by us and they came as a pack speeding by. I swear they were going about 35 miles an hour! It was incredible!
![]() |
| My water baby |
| Fiddler crab |
![]() |
| They were not letting go! This is to show you how darn big they were! |
![]() |
| The slight tilt to the left happened as the foundation shifted after the earthquake of 1886. Charleston sits on a fault line that is larger than the San Andreas Fault! |
| He popped up and looked right at us! |
| Then came right over to say hi! |
Just a perfect day in the Lowcountry! |




Those pics are wonderful.. the dolphins.. AMAZING!!! And Congrats on selling your house so quickly!!!.. wow. Looking forward to your new adventures...
ReplyDeleteMy 1st visit and I LOVE these photos! Best of luck in your new home! Please stop by when you have a moment!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post! I'm so happy for your quick sell, but not surprised with that beautiful house. Now comes the fun part: house hunting! Love the first pic with Jemma, though they were all great. What a nice place to visit!
ReplyDeleteWow, y'all sold fast! Looks like y'all had a great time with your friends. I wanted to be a marine biologist, too and play with the dolphins. How funny! Great pictures of a fun day.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That is fantastic news on the house, especially in this economy. I hope that is a sure sign things are looking up for everyone. I am so glad to hear it for you and your family personally, so you can move forward! God is good! Your dolphin photos are beautiful. I love the one looking right at the camera. Haha! Don't worry about blog hopping, catch us when you can, we understand. I do hope you get to share some of the house hunt with us though that should be fun!
ReplyDeleteWOW, that is fantastic in this market! Although maybe you are in a better market in SC. And the fact that your home is so beautiful sealed the deal! Can't wait to see the next house!! Best of luck Kathryn!!! Great pics as always!!
ReplyDeleteNo way! That is awesome ... though not totally unexpected since your some is gorgeous. Congratulations -- wishing you the same good fortune as you search for your new home. As always, LOVE your photos.
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! Congratulations!!! I have to say, you had a beautiful home, and I would have wanted to buy that up quickly too and thought it would be a winner to go quickly, but in this market, you never know for sure, so, yippee!!! So happy for you all, and the wonderful new journey in your life...my move is happening soon...might need to consult with you! ;) Loved all the pictures, especially the dolphin ones...too fun! :) :) :)
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful news! Good luck with your house hunting. I hope you find exactly what you are looking for.
ReplyDeleteJeannette
Oh my goodness, this was so meant to be that way you don't have to sit and think about it for too long...kind of like ripping off a band aid; one quick rip and it doesn't hurt as bad a slow pull :O) Sorry for the analogy but if it were me, its be better just to get it over with!
ReplyDeleteNow...the trip looked so wonderful, what an amazing thing to see those Dolphins, such lovely creatures! And Lord have mercy those Horseshoe crabs, huge yet it was difficult to tell until I saw the pic of them being carried out! WOW
I know you'll find a home as beautiful as the one you've been in when you get to MN, its going to happen just like the sale...it'll be meant to be...
Hugs, Terry
Congratulations girl! All turned out the way it was suppose to for you and your family. Jemma is growing up so fast! Enjoy the process,and we will catch up soon. XO I feel bad we never got to meet:(
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Kathryn, on the sale of your lovely home. I know it is bittersweet for you & I'm warning you to expect some tears when you turn over the keys. I've cried over every single home we've sold but each one has been better than the last, so let me reassure you, it will be okay.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Rett
p.s. Don't work too hard! Lots of stress to packing up & moving. I've done it 9 times!!!
Congratulations on selling your home! That's wonderful news! Your home is so beautiful and perfect, so it's no wonder it sold so fast. Loved the photos of your fun week with your friends. Very nice!
ReplyDeleteI'm brand new to your blog...via Suzanne and the comment you just left for her about moving to Mn. Welcome! I hope you so enjoy the MOA today. My daughter and I were there yesterday to pick up her Prom dress. As a friend of Suzanne's, I hope we one day meet.
ReplyDeleteGretchen
I'm brand new to your blog...via Suzanne and the comment you just left for her about moving to Mn. Welcome! I hope you so enjoy the MOA today. My daughter and I were there yesterday to pick up her Prom dress. As a friend of Suzanne's, I hope we one day meet.
ReplyDeleteGretchen