Monday, June 25, 2012

I'm Back, but Going Away Again!!

Hello friends!  I am here for a quick update and then we are headed to Tennessee to visit my family for a few days.  Then we head to Myrtle Beach for our annual 4th of July trip with the family.  Jemma and I are going to sneak to Charleston to visit our friends there!  We are so excited!

We have been busy moving in.  We had not one but two big trucks unload plus a big van!  How can we have this much junk?!?  I was going to be all sassy and organize and put everything away perfectly.  Yeah right.  For the first time ever we had the movers unpack us.  OH MY!  It looked like a bomb had gone off in every room!!!  I just started putting stuff away.  Organization will come in the fall when my baby goes to school all day ever day.  I. DREAD. THIS.  Why do they have to grow up????

Things are livable in the main rooms and I just plug along as I can!

It is stormy in Minnesota!!!  I have seen more hail and lightning in the last month than I have seen in the last 6 years!  It has been crazy!  We were all awakened abruptly when it sounded like a mac truck coming through our bedroom wall.  Turns out, it was the roof of a neighbor's play set!  I haven't been scared like that in a long time.  The day after the big storms, our neighbors found a baby bird in their yard.  He had been blown out and was a little guy.  I couldn't leave him so Carlos (yes he got a name and he was named after the baby bird my nieces cared for!) came home with us in a box.  We were terrified he wouldn't make it overnight but around 6:00 a.m. we heard lots of chirping!  I became quite adept at feeding him mushed blueberries with a baby spoon!  Jemma said I was very good with birds!  We took him to The Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of Minnesota where the informed us he was a Baltimore Oriole.  They whisked him back and put him in an incubator.  We didn't even get to say "goodbye".  I have to admit, I was a little bummed about that.  He was a cute little fellow!


Truck 1


I unpacked all these boxes while the guys worked on the rest of the house.  



The living room arrange the way the BHW wanted it.   I didn't love it so I flipped it.  We may flip it back so he can see how cramped it felt!  ;-)
Our first night that we stayed here, we were amazed to see this double rainbow out of the living room window.  I said it was a special welcome just for us!

We have some amazing sunsets!
Meet Carlos.
He is not happy with us as he figures out his new surroundings and he is a hungry boy!

This is our sweet boy when he is settled in and sleepy.  I called Petco to get the scoop and they said since it was nighttime, he wouldn't want to eat and would go to sleep.  That he did and slept all through the night!  The above picture was how he looked at 6 a.m. too!


This is a content and full Carlos after a few mushed blueberries.  Notice the mess on the side of the box.  It took us several attempts to get the blueberries in his mouth!  I love his little fuzz on his head.  He was not very old at all.
This is my sweet girl cooing over Carlos.  She cried herself to sleep worried the night before.  It is precious to see such empathy in her.  I also love her eyelashes!

Here we are delivering Carlos (doesn't he look tiny in the corner of the big box!) to the Rehab Center.  We can send an email and check on him in a few days.  As we drove off, Jemma said, " I miss Carlos and his chirping."  I did too.

I will be back after the 4th and blogging again!

I hope y'all are well and have a great Fourth of July!

12 comments:

  1. Have fun in Tennessee and South Carolina! You are such a kind, good person for saving Carlos. I"m sure St. Peter will mention it to you when he checks you into heaven many, many years from mow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you sweet to take care of the baby bird. I feel for you having to unpack. I hate moving. Have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you get around!! Have a wonderful trip, and such a great deed, taking care of that baby bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet story, y'all are too kind! =) I love your new house and what great pictures. You are such a great photographer. I'm right there with ya, girl, doesn't un-packing stink? I'm exhausted just thinking about it. Have fun in TN and Myrtle Beach, can't wait to see your pictures! Have a happy 4th! xo ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you getting moved in! The storms have been crazy this year. Enjoy your family time. I never would have thought that you could take care of a baby bird like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, when will you be getting the next pet now that you've had a taste of foster parenting? LOL Welcome to the Midwest and crazy stormy weather! Jemma has gorgeous long lashes, just like my son does. I always was so envious. Have a good visit and see ya when you get back. Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness you have been and continue to be so busy! I would be waiting until the fall as well. That poor bird! He is so lucky YOU found him. What a blessing your family is in the midst of a storm! I hope the weather gets better up there soon. I also hope you have a wonderful time on your vacay. It sounds like you have lots of fun ahead. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful sign from above that you are where you need to be. It gave me goosies! How sweet are those pix of Jemma and Carlos! My middle - Amy - is a nature lover and avid bird watcher. I'm going to show this post to her - I think she'll get a big kick out of it. So sweet of you to take care of that sweet little birdie.
    Have fun on your trip!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your trip there girl! awwww...Carlos is so sweet!~ Jemma looks as happy as a clam!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you guys are getting settled in, and so sweet of you all to save Carlos! I can't wait to meet you for lunch one day this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Take a deep breath and remember everything is going to be all better soon enough! As long as you can find the important things you use every day~ that's all that matters. Just start with your bedroom's first and a corner of the kitchen. The rest can wait! Loved the photos of the Carlos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope Carlos is doing well - you and Jemma did a great job taking care of him :-)

    Hope you had a great trip, and that the weather in Minnesota has calmed down. Although double-rainbows after a storm are pretty cool :-)

    ReplyDelete