Monday, August 20, 2012

I'm Back! For Good! Well, a While Anyway!!

Hello my friends!  I have been so crazy the last few weeks.  We got home from our trip and my MIL came for a visit.  We had a wonderful week with her where we fulfilled Part I of a lifelong dream!  We visited the birthplace of Laura Ingalls Wilder!  My MIL loves the books, I love the books and now I have Jemma loving them! I will do a post on just that trip soon.  It was so neat!  We will visit more sites when my MIL comes back!  After she left, Jemma and I returned to Tennessee to visit friends and to celebrate my Dad's 70th birthday.  We are home and settling in.  I only have two weeks left with my baby girl before school starts!

Thank you to everyone who left their advice on our living room.  After sitting on the furniture for a while, we moved it back to the first way with the sofa by the windows.  It wasn't the top pick, but it felt better.  With the couch on the other side, it really cut the room off and made it very narrow tight hallway to pass through.  The hubs even liked it better the original way so it is back to very open!  It may change again and I have some ideas up my sleeve, but I am waiting for our money tree in the back to start growing.  It hasn't taken off yet.  Hmmmm.....  :-)

A few pictures to show you that we have been...

capturing amazing sunsets from our porch


got grass


went to a parade with new buddies


spent some time with Nana (this is my favorite picture!)


visited Wisconsin and the birthplace of Laura Ingalls Wilder





went back to Tennessee to spend time with our best friends from college and one of my best friends who lives in England




celebrated my Daddy's 70th birthday



my aunt was able to come down to surprise him


my favorite picture of these two


the annual photo shoot at my parents' house. 
 I haven't edited them yet, but I was really trying to capture the beauty of the toothless wonder!






visiting with one of my high school BFF's!


doing a little antiquing


going to the cruise-in with my dad in his 55 Chevy


and now I feel like this...



WORN OUT!!!

This is my parents' dog, Charlie.  We wear him out when we are there! 

I hope you all have a wonderful week and thank you for all your help with our furniture placement!!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! It has been quite the whirlwind of a Summer for you and your family hasn't it? So great that you can adapt to any surrounding. I need to take a page out of your book and step out of my comfort zone a little bit. We are such homebodies here. I'd love to travel more. That toothless wonder looks so precious! Enjoy your last two weeks before school.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been a very busy bee! Glad you had such a good time with friends and family. I think your room will eventually come together and be cozy and comfy for your needs. It's a bit of a difficult room, with the bookcase and fireplace being off-center. Hang in there!
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I want to go to the Laura Ingalls Wilder sites so badly! Aren't you lucky to live so close!
    Hope everything settles down for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back!!! Sometimes there is nothing better than your own bed! Your grass looks fantastic, mine not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a summer. You have been a busy girl to say the least. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful and I always enjoy your photos, you are such a fabulous photographer! Take it easy and enjoy the last few weeks of summer. You look beautiful, too, by the way! =)XO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm tired just reading about it all. Looks like you had tons of fun. Now back to school shopping and Jemma really looks good in furs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you figure out how to get that money tree blooming please send me a seedling! LOL! I love these pics so much. You all have been very busy having a wonderful time. That's fabulous! I love Jemma's toothless photos. She's so pretty that she even makes having missing teeth look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's sounds like y'all have had such a fun wind-down to the summer! I am a huge fan of the Little House books, too. My daughter had a complete set when she was in elementary school and I read them all again with her. Hard to believe that it's already time to gear up for school. Where did the summer go?!?!? So glad you are back and looking forward to hearing more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, no wonder you're worn out - you've had a busy summer! And judging by your pictures, a fun summer too :-) Love the sunset from your porch, and YAY, you have grass!

    I was a total Little House on the Prairie fanatic when I was a kid - I watched the show and got all the books from the collection. I still have them all! And, I've been to Almonzo's birthplace in Malone, New York :-) If I can find the pictures, I'll e-mail a few to you.

    Happy belated birthday to your dad :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, you have been BUSY, girl!... Love Laura too, really looking forward to that post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome home! You do not have to work hard to capture the BEAUTY of the "toothless wonder" as you call her! Loved all the pictures. Glad you had a fun summer. I have to go back to see the living room canges now. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE having you back, love the sunset and love your pictures and adventures!!! I hope you get to catch up on some sleep and recharge your batteries, you deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved the pics!So glad you've enjoyed your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I'm pooped just reading this post, but what a fun time you must have had all summer! I love how cute Jemma is with no teeth, she just looks adorable!!!
    So happy you popped by to see the new kitchen, it certainly was worth the 7 month wait...OK well maybe not but it is fun to finally have it done!
    Hugs!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete