This was the nightmare scene of our drive through France and this isn't even the bad part!
The roads were horrible and it kept on snowing. I felt so bad for Tom having to drive in all that mess and then we got to the area where our hotel was... let's just say the signs in France aren't all that great! Jemma wasn't minding any of it...
Once we made a few circles around Marnee Le Vallee, we made it to our hotel. I have stayed in this hotel several times, but this was my first time on this side of the hotel. To my joy and delight, I opened the curtains and there in the distance is the Eiffel Tower!!!! I swung the curtains closed, told Jemma what was there and informed her that we had to wait for Daddy! I couldn't let her first siting of the Eiffel Tower be without him! He came up and I told him what was there. Jemma was dancing around and we went into full show-stopper mode! Daddy picked her up, and I flung open the curtains like I was unveiling the Mona Lisa! Jemma was giddy and kept saying, "There's the Eiffel Tower! Isn't it beautiful!" Then I noticed her looking down. The cries of joy came over the swimming pool under our window. "Isn't it pretty with the light in it?" "It's so green looking!" "Do you think we can go in it?" I kept going back to the Eiffel Tower and she kept going back to the swimming pool! I guess that is what you should expect from a four year old! Priorities, you know!
Here is a horrible picture of the Eiffel Tower from our room. There is a sad story that goes with this. I love photography. I love to take pictures. I have a big Canon, big flash, big lens, tripod and all that good stuff. The BHW gets frustrated sometimes because he says that I miss what is happening because I am always behind the camera. I agree to a point, but I do love to capture it in a good picture. With that said, he somehow convinced me to just take his Kodak point and shoot. I kept thinking... I lived in Germany for almost 3 years and got beautiful pictures with a point and shoot... I won't have to lug the camera all over (even though I do like to consider it a bit of exercise!)... It holds a ton of pictures, and so on. We get there and after the first day or two, I say, "We better charge the camera so we are good to go." The BHW starts digging through bags. Guess, what... NO CHARGER!!!!! I almost cried. I knew then that my pictures would be very limited. I got some nice pictures, but I didn't take as many as I would have. I must admit... it was nice to be an observer and not worry all the time about pictures! Don't tell him I said that! So here is the too far away picture of the Eiffel Tower!
See what I mean??? Hey, we know what it is and that is all that matters!
Oh Kathryn I would have died realizing no charger! But the Bratwurst would have saved my day regardless!!~ Oh and that drive, poor Tom is right...I would have been a terrible back seat driver in those conditions...I am in good conditions LOL!!~ Looks like another awesome day!!~
ReplyDeleteGreat pic there Kathryn. Oh yea, I can see it really good. Not! I cannot figure out how I got the blogroll on there. I have looked at everything and cannot see where I found that. I guess you will have to ask someone a lot smarter than me.
ReplyDeleteHi Kathryn I believe you have the option when you go to your edit and bring them up you can see you have the option of how you want your blog roll viewed......
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my home tour. Your comment made me smile!! I am completely loving the posts of your trip. I'm planning my next trip now!!
ReplyDeleteThis has been so neat to follow and hear about your trip..thanks for writing it all out!!!
ReplyDeleteWe will probably just go out to eat. He said he is going to take me to a burger doodle. lol Beautiful weather here this weekend, too. I actually worked in the yard all day yesterday. Still a lot to do.
ReplyDeleteHey there !! I love feeling as though we're a part of your adventure !! The pics are great ... I'm sooo envious !! And, I just saw your funny comment on my page about how to post your blog ... love the idea of doing your house decorating "Today Show" style, but, girl, judging by the outside of your beautiful home, it's clear you have great taste. I'm sure the inside will be just as wonderful ... I'd love to come play if we were a little closer. Have a great day, Becca
ReplyDeleteHi Kathryn,
ReplyDeleteOh I am so envious of your trip. I am a true German girl,(mom from Meiningen, Thuringen) that bratwurst has me salivating! I looooove Germany, esp. in the winter. No one does Christmas like they do - those Germans really know how to decorate and celebrate!
Your trip to France, well, I can't stand it! We went on our honeymoon 22 years ago, and said we'd be back within 5 years. Has it happened? Nope. I want to go so bad I can taste the coffee!!
It's so great to get to share your experience, thanks for posting this!
Think about joining Wednesday Gratitude sometime, your trip would be a perfect addition.
XO
Heidi- Heart and Home
In a bloggy slump?? More stories please.
ReplyDelete