Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ready, Set, Vignette!








I adore Beth at the Stories of A to Z and I really wanted to join her vignette party.  This is a very simple vignette that I have on my foyer table.  As it has gotten warmer here, I am longing for the beach!  We have been a few times this year so far, but it is too chilly to get in and the wind has about blown us away!  We don't care.  We still go because there is nothing like smelling the salt air, listening to the roll of the waves, and digging your toes in the sand.  Here a few of my favorite things!

My baby girl!  I took this picture on our last beach visit last fall.  She loves the ocean and is not afraid.  She will just lay on her back and float on the waves.  I have a beach baby!  I think this frame is kind of crazy, but I kept going back to it because it reminded me of water.  Walmart - $6!


Shells... need I say more???  We collect shells on every visit and I add them to this jar.  It is funny that I thought I had so many and would fill this up in a jiffy, but not quite there!  A few more trips should do it!


This plate was a souvenir that I bought in Greece when we went there on a cruise.  We fell in love with the Greek Isles.  I have never seen water that shade of blue.  It was absolutely mesmerizing.  I love this plate and every time I see it, it reminds me of that magical trip!


Like I said, it is very simple but holds so many special beach memories!

Join Beth at The Stories of A to Z to see more lovely arrangements!

6 comments:

  1. Good Morning Kathryn!~ It is so nice to see a beautiful piece of your home!~ This is perfecto! Has meaning too which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, great vignette full of beachy goodness and memories. I love the beach and to stand there and smell the salt air when I first get to one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I adore the beach! What sweet sentiments all collected in a little corner to remind you of fun summer memories. And Greece? That must have been amazing! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I adore the beach! What sweet sentiments all collected in a little corner to remind you of fun summer memories. And Greece? That must have been amazing! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a beach fan too! :) Love your seashells in the apothecary, and the frame reminds me of water too. Visiting from Beth's "Vignette" party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it's so pretty! I adore the jar. ~Lovely!

    I am so proud of you and your trips to Goodwill. Awesome job girl! It just makes us breath easier to be clutter free I think. *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete