My next challenge is WHAT COLOR TO PAINT!!!! I have done two samples and would love your opinions. The first one is Whole Wheat and the second is Baguette. I like both a lot. The BHW said if I was going with the lighter, not to even paint at all! This room does not get a ton of natural light. I will tell you... there is a color right smack dab in the middle called Camelback that I think might do the trick, but I value all your opinions so now it is your turn to give me your two cents!!
In the daytime with the big fake tree kind of blocking the bottom color!
More evening with a warm glow
What do you think? These colors go very well with the new sofa fabric and it will also flow through basically the whole house as this area opens up to all the halls, upstairs, foyer and kitchen!
I think I am leaning for the in between, but would love your take on it!
Here is a sneak peek at the cabinet all painted white!
I will be posting her as soon as I get her more organized!
Thanks!



Oooo can't wait to see the cabinet!! Well, I think the one in between is probably the right one too! I love both the samples though, and I usually prefer the darker colors. Thanks for stopping by! You can try ebay for the china. You just never know when it might pop up.
ReplyDeleteI like the in between option, first one to light second one too dark, in the middle just right! Just call me Goldie locks for the day! I do like the warm tone to the colors for sure!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it interesting how paint colors change from day to night! :) I love the warmer glow they get in the evening on all the colors!
ReplyDeleteNow, as to what color I think would look lovely...
I almost think a color in the middle of those would look nice! I almost agree with the thought that the lighter one is so close to what is currently on the walls that you wouldn't really need to paint.
However, the darker one, although a nice, warm, cozy color, might give things a darker look on the whole than you might want through the house and it seems to vary in color from day to night quite a lot! :)
That said, it creates a tuscany style look as well with the terra-cotta undertones, which could be nice depending on fabrics and furniture you have picked.
In the end, I know that whatever color you choose will look beautiful and you will make it look FABULOUS and I can't wait to see the final result!
Have fun and good luck with it all...fun project ahead for you!
Liesl :)
I agree with Deb - the middle option. Good luck and can't wait to see the result!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Kim
Don't you just love the paint color names! What a fun job that would be to come up with all the names! I do like the darker one but I'm sure you'll pick the right one!! Show us more house pics!!
ReplyDeleteThat lighter one looks a lot like what I am thinking of using in my great room, foyer, stairwell and upstairs hall. I hate that all those walls run together. Lots of painting. The color I picked is not a huge difference from what I have now, but has yellower undertones compared to the pink in my beige I have now. If you just want it warmer without a huge difference I would say the lighter one or go to the middle one. I wouldn't do the dark one. Sometimes I think I may paint my bedroom lighter and get rid of the dark walls.
ReplyDeleteI had to pull out my swatch cards. I would definately go with the one in the middle, Camelback. I prefer the darker one but it may be too dark for your room especially w/your darker kitchen cabinets. SW will also do a custom mix. You could request they mix one in between the Camelback and Baguette, if your feeling adventerous. Whatever you choose is sure to be beautiful, can't wait to see it!
ReplyDeleteI vote for the one in the middle! And I love the names of paint....I would love to have that job, naming paint!
ReplyDelete