This is a snippet from our Spring Break weekend! I made bunny cupcakes for the preschool Easter party with Jemma's help. I have gone a little cupcake crazy for the holidays lately. Turkey's, rainbows, and bunnies, oh my!! We went to Florida to visit Tom's parents. They live in a motorcoach resort and it is fabulous! They spoil us rotten. They fix breakfast in the mornings, we hop in the golf cart and go swim, lunch when we come back, swim in the afternoon, nap, or tour. Then they fix dinner in the evening. It is a hard life... We are so grateful that they are there for us and we love for Jemma to spend time with them. On this visit, we got to do to a local park and watch them play bluegrass music. Tom's dad plays the autoharp and his stepmom plays the guitar. It brought back so many memories from my childhood and it was so fun to watch Jemma dance around and enjoy the music. We visited a big train set that a couple have through their landscaping and of course, the Easter bunny came for a visit and hid eggs everywhere! One was even in Nonno's hat!
One of the best parts of the trip was seeing the shuttle launch. What an amazing sight and experience. We got up around 5:30, bundled up and headed out to the 8th tee box on the golf course. At 6:21, the ground in front of us just lit up in an explosion of light. Then the shuttle took off like a fiery flame. The sound hit a few minutes later and shook the ground. It was phenomenal to watch and I am so glad we got to see it before the shuttle program is done. This was to be the last night launch and what an experience it was!
One of the best parts of the trip was seeing the shuttle launch. What an amazing sight and experience. We got up around 5:30, bundled up and headed out to the 8th tee box on the golf course. At 6:21, the ground in front of us just lit up in an explosion of light. Then the shuttle took off like a fiery flame. The sound hit a few minutes later and shook the ground. It was phenomenal to watch and I am so glad we got to see it before the shuttle program is done. This was to be the last night launch and what an experience it was!




How wonderful, it all sounds amazing! Thanks for your sweet comment also...definitely takes time to learn a language! I love the challenge though...especially with your encouragement. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Monday!
♥
Rachel
Sounds like a great time. I would love to see that launch. The pictures are great. The first time I heard my dil call her Dad Nonno to our granddaughter, I thought that is an odd name and then she explained that is what an Italian grandfather is.
ReplyDeleteBonjour Kathryn,
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by and your kind comment. Loved this post, it look slike you all so much fun and seeing the shuttle launch lust have been exciting. I'll be follwoing along and will be back soon.
Have a great week,
Mimi
You lucky girl! What a cool experience!! I'm sure Jemma will remember it in the future.
ReplyDeleteOh very cool! It sounds like you have some really fun Inlaws! I would love to see the space shuttle launch that is awesome! I really appreciate the way you described it. We used to go to drag races w/jet cars many moons ago and I vaguely remember something about the cars flying by and then the rocket engine sounds behind them. I bet that the space shuttle is like that magnified to the extreme. Sounds like a great time! Great pictures too! Thanks for sharing it!!!
ReplyDeleteWow how cool you got to see the shuttle launch!!! Sad to think it won't not be happening with only three more flights planned. Sounds like such a nice vacation:-)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a wonderful time was had by all. Thank you for sharing your photos. Wishing you happiness, Katherine
ReplyDeleteWOW what a change on the blog, and I LOVE IT!!~ Thanks Kathryn you have always been my bud since I met you on RMS, and now my heart has grown even fonder of you and your lovely family!~ You snippets are fabulous. Jemma certainly is so lucky to have experienced all she has with you and your family...and my hair UGH!!~ But I am keeping on going....you have so encouraged me...especially after seeing you in cute short hair to fabulous lovely long hair:) Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteOh Wow! It sounds like such an amazing trip! I have lots of family in Florida, but never seem to get there much. I have some cousins who actually work at the Space Center. I'm glad you had a nice visit with your family. It's so nice to be spoiled once in a while isn't it? And I LOVE your daughter's name! Jemma - so sweet!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Kim
Hi Katherine, Congrats on your new blog. I've been away for a while. I'm making my rounds again. Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Florida. Great pictures. Good luck in blogging world !...Lora:)
ReplyDelete~WOW! How gorgeous are your photos. Great job! You are talented sweet friend. *Smiles*
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys had a fabulous time! We were also at that shuttle launch, having driven 24 hours from Canada just to see it and then drive 24 hours back. As I like to tell my friends, it was 48 hours of driving for 10 minutes of awesomeness. Anyways, I loved your pictures and wanted to say that I have the exact same one as you (the last one). My boys decided it looked like a witch on a broom. Hugs, Shari
ReplyDeletehey girl i am not sure if i am commenting under the right post but i say go white...i used to paint all my walls colors now it's o much easier to change pillow covers out..you won't regret it...any how love that you stopped by my blog and became my newest follower backatcha girl... now i'm following you...suzanne
ReplyDelete