My alarm clock went off and I hit the snooze. A few minutes later, Jemma crept into our room, went to Tom and started "whispering" that they had to go make muffins! I put whispering in quotes because I don't know if a four year old truly whispers or not! She is getting better at it! She was so sweet. She kept shushing Tom and making him tip toe! I heard banging and clanging go on downstairs and then she came back up to wake me with a sweet kiss and "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!"
We went down and enjoyed the yummy muffins and all my goodies. At school, they had made a patterned flower garden, a coffee filter dyed flower, and a book all about Mom. It had questions like "what does mom do while you are at school?" Jemma's answer - cleans!! We will all laugh about that one day! My house is neat, but I hate cleaning!! It was the sweetest book! She also got to decorate a cake at Publix. Under the purple heart is all kinds of sprinkles and icing squiggles! Precious! The best is she signs all her cards now and even wrote, "I love you"!
(Sorry for the terrifying/ no makeup/ crazy hair look! Just keeping it real!)
We went to church and then headed to Middleton Place Plantation for their lunch.
Notice my snazzy heels. I love them. They are very comfortable until you fall in them! I was coming down the steps at the restaurant and I don't know if I turned wrong or if the heel went, but down I went tail over tin cans (as my mother in law would say, but substitute the tail for a less blog appropriate A word!) I am pretty sure I did a fabulous spin with leg in the air and all. Did I mention that I was within arms length of a group of people touring? Brilliant! Not only did I give them the privilege of seeing my fall on my katookas, but I am pretty sure with the leg in the air spin, they got a pretty good shot of my panties. Nice...
Tom keeps asking if I am all right. They keep asking me if I am o.k. and that I should walk on it. I am wanting to cry, but put on the brave face of "Oh! I am o.k.!" They kept talking to me. Take note people... I know you are trying to be nice, but I am embarrassed beyond belief. I want everyone to ignore me and pretend they had never seen anything. If you ever witness anyone fall, check on them, and then move on!!
A wave of nausea hit and I had to sit. The gentleman just looked at my husband and said, "Shock. It will pass in a minute." Thanks. That helped. I hobbled (pretty gracefully, I might add) back to the car and spent the rest of the day like this...
So there you have my unforgettable Mother's Day! It was the best one yet!
See my new couch! I will be posting my living room next week!

First let me say, you clean up well!~ Second, OMG thank God you had undies on LOL! and not a thong ....you look so cute though with Jemma by your side....your dress and shoes did look cute....and so sweet the muffins in the morning.
ReplyDeleteOh my, what a day! I hope you're ankle is feeling better now. Thank goodness you weren't "going comando" and had something on under that dress!!
ReplyDeleteYour daughter knew just how to start the day for you, isn't it sweet when they are so young and yet they understand how to make you feel special? I love that!
By the way, you have the most beautiful blue eyes! And I'm so glad you stopped by to visit,I'd been wondering where you were!! I hope you have a good week. Don't do too much on that ankle...
XO
Heidi - Heart and Home
I love it that you showed the "real" picture! Kind of like Christmas morning in mismatched pajammas, hair sticking up, you know... Well, you looked very nice and at least if you had to fall and show the world your panties, you did it in style!!!! I hope your ankle/foot is healing and that you can laugh about it!
ReplyDeletePS. Love the couch!! Can't wait!
Oh me oh my. You klutz. Just kidding. I have done the same thing and it is so embarrassing! That's right people move on. So sorry that happened on such a special day. You and Jemma are so cute all dressed up.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a perfect mother's day and how adorable you both are!!!
ReplyDeleteIt must be a wonderful feeling as a mother when your daughter wants to do something special for you...I love it! :)
Thank you so much for sharing your day with us and for posting such great pics...loving the way you styled your smocked dress and the fact that we have the same one! :)
Oh and know that a fall just adds character...I have done it many times, so once again we are alike!! :)
Have a Terrific Thursday ahead!
Liesl :)
Oh I so feel for you! It's awesome you had a fantastic day though regardless of the mishap.
ReplyDeleteOh No! That's rough! I am glad it wasn't more serious though, it's tough getting older isn't it? LOL! Just kidding!
ReplyDeleteYou really do look great in "All" those before photo's and not so bad in the after one either! Looks like Jemma got to be a little mother some for mother's day too, taking care of you! So sweet! Hope your feeling 100% soon!
Oh gosh. Hope you're all healed up. You know, so you can get back to cleaning! :-)
ReplyDeleteShoes are cute for sure, but I'm digging that fancy blue dress, too.
Deb
Girl, how are you doing? Hope you are on two feet again! Ok, love that pillow on the new couch and your church looks so lovely! Your eyes woman, omg!
ReplyDeleteNo!!! I'm so sorry. I sprained my ankle coming out of a doorway in 05' and it still aches sometimes. I hope you are doing well now.
ReplyDeleteYour eyes are gorgeous! Your daughter is so pretty too! *Smiles*
Oh no!! I hope you are all recovered by now. Ouch!
ReplyDelete