Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer Rain

Don't you love a summer rain shower?  I love to watch a shower play itself out as it falls from the sky and coats the flowers and grasses with glistening drops.  I have been waiting for the perfect rain shower for Jemma to play in and it came.  No thunder.  No lighting.  No downpour.  Just the perfect rain shower.  The kids were all out, and the moms sat on the porch with a nice glass of wine and just watched the babies play.  Jemma kept looking at me to see when I would bring her in and was delighted when I told her to have at it!  Have at it they did!  This is a bit picture heavy, but I was having the best time capturing their faces!  Enjoy!


Jemma's best buddy, Zoe


Jakson (Zoe's brother), Jemma, and Zoe about to take a leap!






















Meet Bella, Zoe's and Jakson's new puppy.  Isn't she sweet?






The kids had gone around back and gotten very quiet.  We were wondering what they were up to.  Bella came running around the corner and plopped down on the porch.  No collar, no leash, and very muddy feet.  Hmmmmmm?????  Then Jakson came around...


Sweet!  The kids had decided to play in the mud!  They have an area of their yard that they are about to landscape, but had turned into a mud pit.  Let the games begin!!!


Jemma wasn't about to get into the mud!  I tried to get her to, but she said, "Momma, I am not going to get THAT dirty!"  My princess!







Mud globs and grass on her head.  That was about it for her!

Oh, and a dirty tail!




I was using my manual mode and absolutely loved some of the shots I got.  Here are a few of my favorites of the mud buddies!  







I love this next shot.  It is one of my favorites from the day.  Their mom told them to give each other a hug.  In true big brother form, Jakson slapped her back with a big handful of mud.  I captured it as she let out a yelp and he is giggling!  Love it!









What is better after a mud bath and getting sprayed off?  Swimming in your neighbor's pool in your undies!  Never underestimate the power of a rain shower!


13 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures! Looks like it was a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, what great shots! Once you get past the thought of getting muddy, I remember it being a lot of fun! My boys have done that too! Hope you had a great 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was wonderful! IF I ever have any grandbabies we are definitly doing this:):) XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathryn, what super photos you captured. Jemma is so darn cute. Brings back such great childhood memories of playing in a good rain shower. Did you get a new camera?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow. I am just loving your photography. It is just gorgeous! Of course, having super cute subjects helps, but seriously, your work is beautiful.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the joys of youth! When's the last time you played in the rain, or played in the mud, or swam in your undies in the swimming pool? Ahhh, to be so free again! :) Loved this post! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW your photography class really paid off, those are unbelievable shots.....so cute...I love Jemma and her buds covered in mud! So cute really these are the moments we cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What marvelous shots of a marvelous experience! Wanna bet they remember this one out of all the summer joys?
    ♥ ♥ ♥ the one of Princess Jemma with her fingers in her mouth....so pensive. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous shots! Love picturing the moms sipping wine while the kids have a blast...great memories being made :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable, she is so beautiful. How wonderful and sweet to let them play in the rain....and what pretty photos they turned out to be! Looks like they absolutely loved it.

    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what fun! We don't get many summer rain showers in my neck of the woods, but it looked like such a good time. This is my first visit to your site and I enjoyed myself! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at these photos! Stunning!! Girl, you've sure got a talent here. Do you do photography professionally??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well first, let me just tell you it was good to finally get your posting back on my blog. Apparently blogger is fixed and my MIA posts' are reappearing for me:)
    Just wanted to stop by and see what you've been up to.
    This is an adorable post! Although I must admit, here in the Rose City, we have had a our fair share of rain and its a bit too much for it being summer:) Having said that I would love to be a kid again and go play in the rain and the mud! And I agree, the pic of the two kids hugging, is the best and Jem is so cute too!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete