We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We were upgraded to the club level! Woohoooo! We had the absolute, hands down best time ever!!!
We arrived Wednesday evening and went straight to Animal Kingdom. We didn't have long, but would love to go back and visit again.
The next day, we went to Epcot. Our little trooper walked (for the most part) from 11 a.m. until we left the park at 9:30 p.m!! She was awesome and we all decided that Soarin' is our favorite ride at Epcot!
Her birthday arrived with a birthday phone call from Goofy! The grandparents came to spend the day with us since they live about an hour away. It was so nice to have family with us on her actual birthday! We headed to the Magic Kingdom around lunch and rode a few rides before her big birthday surprise. We took her to the castle and told her that we had an appointment at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique! She couldn't even talk! She just hugged me! That was enough for me!!! She picked out the Tiana dress and then had the full works done. The were wonderful there! Then her invitation from Cinderella arrived where she was asked to join Cinderella and the princesses at the castle for dinner! She was giddy! We had dinner with the princesses and then joined Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party! It was an absolutely wonderful birthday!
She rode her first roller coaster and loved every minute of it! The next day, we went back to ride Big Thunder Mountain again and the Haunted Mansion. She kept talking about what we would do next year when we go back for her next birthday. Sounds like a plan to me!!! I will not bore you with anymore details, but share a few pictures! O.k. a lot of pictures, but hey! I can't help myself!
I do believe that this is the happiest place on earth!
















How absolutely awesome!!!... that place is magical, we've traveled to Disney twice with our kids, want to make one more trip before they have kids of their own!... the castle looks so beautiful with all those lights.. and your little girl, a real princess.
ReplyDeleteWhat a magical time :-)
Sure is, must be even more magical at Christmas time.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas, Lori
I knew you were there & I was thinking about you all week, with the low temps in FL. All my southern friends were complaining! LOL I was hoping you'd brought lots of layers. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI just LOVE that shot of Jemma making the wish ...and a white chocolate shoe...how cool!! I want to go there for MY birthday!!!!
Have a wonderfully Blessed Merry Christmas & more importantly, a HEALTHY New Year! Thanks for your friendship & all your inspiration this past year, Kathryn.
fondly,
Rett
Oh what a pretty princess she was! I am glad she had a blast, and you guys too! It looks as if you guys had a very magical time! And I was about to email you, thanks for your sweet comment!
ReplyDeleteBUON COMPLEANNO to Gemma!
Oh my goodness!! That has to be a little girls dream come true! I so hope she is old enough to remember this forever!! It is so magical!
ReplyDeleteHave a very Merry Christmas, Kathryn!! God Bless your family!
Oh my Goodness! How precious! That was some birthday celebration. Please don't tell the other princess's, but I think she was by far the fairest of them all! I bet she will remember this foreva! You guys are such wonderful parents. Thanks for sharing this with us! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great memory for her to treasure!! The pictures of the castle just gave me chills it is so beautiful! And of course so is your little princess!!! I cry ever time when we first arrive at the Magic Kingdom. It just holds so many memories for me! Love that place, but Epcot is my favorite!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness...this had to be the best Birthday ever for Jemma! She truly did look like a little precious princess. Looks like so much fun. Thanks for sharing your special trip and a very special birthday, really made me smile:) Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteDearest Kathryn,
ReplyDeleteOh my, this is the most wonderful birthday party, what a beautiful memory you have made for the sweet little princess! I loved the pics of her in the foo-foo-shee-shee salon, that is adorable and then the final pic of the "real Princess"...just so sweet! Gosh and to think I was so excited on my 8th birthday when I had a sugar Cinderella on a cake!!! This beats all:)
I have also gone through your Christmas posts' because I haven't stopped by in a while (work has be horrific) and I just want to say, you have made the coziest Christmas home ever my friend. I love the picture of the twinkling lights on the tree and the one of Jemma sitting in front of it looking toward the tree...what a peaceful scene.
I am wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and happiest New Year!
Most sincerely, your friend from Oregon and Jemma's "honorary grandma",
Terry
Merry Christmas! What wonderful pictures !! You guys clearly had a blast! And, Princess Jemma is absolutely beautiful ... what a special birthday it was for her. You guys are fabulous parents! And, we are *sooo* going to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge next time we go! Thanks for taking us along with you. Hugs and hope you're having a special day! Becca
ReplyDeleteOh my heavens, what a wonderful birthday for Princess Jemma, how lucky she is to have you as parents! The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique was the cherry on the sundae, she looked precious! Makes me want to go back to Disney sooo much! Merry Christmas, Kathryn!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! What great pictures of what looks like a truly magical birthday for Jemma...she really is a pretty princess! :)
ReplyDeleteLiesl :)
Oh my goodness was that incredible or what!! I bet she will never forget that one! Looks like everyone had a great time too! What a great memory and she looks so adorable!!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, what an amazing way for a 5-year old girl to celebrate her birthday! I`m sure Jemma felt like a real princess with all the special events that were planned for her big day!
ReplyDeleteThe castle is absolutely gorgeous with all the Christmas lights... magical for sure!
A belated happy birthday to Jemma, and Happy 2011 to you and your family :-)
WOW, what wonderful pictures and memories. My girl's have pictures with two of the same princesses. Looks like you had a fabulous time.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! XOXO ~Liz
how magical!!!!! She is soooooooo beautiful!!! I know y'all had a blast!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulously amazing birthday for your little girl! She is just adorable:)
ReplyDelete