Monday, December 6, 2010

Here it is in all it's "going to probably break" glory

Well, here it is.  It is pretty and I think it really looks like PB, but I shattered three ornaments while hanging it!  Aaaarrrggghhhhhh!!!!!! I wired all the ornaments to the garland so they are secure that way.  They are popping off at the cap where the little wire hook is.   I don't know if I should take the whole thing down and take them all apart or hot glue the dickens out each one to it's base.  Oh ladies... I could just cry!!!!  It is pretty though!!! What do you think I should do?





                               Pottery Barn                                                 Kathryn's Barn
  

Oh, here is a little shard of glass that I found AFTER I had vacuumed everything up!  Uggghhhh!!!!!


Should I take it apart or whip out the hot glue????  What would you do????

Also linking up to Stories of A 2 Z with Beth for her Front Porch Party!

31 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I just emailed you but in case someone else is in this quandry, I'll post it here too. Beading wire! Just twist the ornaments onto the garland with the wire. At the end of the season, just cut the wire to retrieve your baubles! Good luck girl; it really is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. Now all you need is some fake snow on the bushes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful! You did an amazing job. I would not want to take it down again myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so impressed, your exterior looks AMAZING!!!! Honestly, I wouldn't do a thing. I don't even notice that anything is missing. It would be a lot of work to take it all down. Beading wire is a good idea if you want to take the whole thing down, and hot gluing it is a fast solution. Good luck. You really out-did yourself! Love, love, love it!! XOXO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you could add snow it would look just as if not better than the PB one. Your red house just sets it off perfectly. Sorry about the breakage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turned out gorgeous! So proud of you girl, boy you put your mind to it, and do it! I love Beth's idea here, never would have known...she is the queen I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH how beautiful! Sorry, no help here but the wire is how my mom does all her large wreaths so I say go with that too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I am so sorry! How frustrating! It looks really gorgeous though so I would totally wire them to the garland just like Beth mentioned above. I think using hot glue could end up causing you more of a headache! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful!!!
    And I LOVE the new header, just precious. :-)

    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I think your garlands are prettier than the Pottery Barn inspiration photo! It must have taken you a long time to put on all of those ornaments! If it's easier to glue the cap on the ornaments, that might hold it, but if it's just a little more work I might replace them with plastic ornaments. I'm not sure how hot glue will hold up in cold weather, though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wire them to the garland. It looks awesome! beading wire is cheap at most craft stores.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its Sooooo Beautiful. Im sorry you lost 3 ornaments. If they arent wired to the garland you will probably lose a whole lot more. I would def wire them to the garland...its seems like a detailed task but its gorgeous and you can use it over and over again if you secure it and store it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks wonderful, Kathryn!!! Seriously, you did a great job, and it really does look like your Pottery Barn inspiration! Also, that picture of your daughter with Santa is so lovely...she is just beautiful!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is breathtaking Katherine! I would not worry about the ones that have already broken, just kiss them goodbye. As for the rest I would rewire a little at a time if you feel like it, without taking it all down. Hot glueing would be very frustrating at this point. Or you could just let it ride and deal with whatever happens and move on to the next project. That's probably what I would do. LOL! You really outdid yourself here! I can't stop going back to look at it! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You survived and it looks BETTER than the original!! What a job it was to get it to that point! I love your new header picture of Jemma with Santa! That is just an awesome shot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. GIRL, you've outdone yourself !! Wowza. This is absolutely beautiful. And, there is an old wives tale that says that ornaments that fall off of your outdoor garland means good luck will come your way. Not really, BUT, I say leave it be ... and, maybe next time, put shatterproof ornaments out there and attach them with floral wire to the garland. Incredible job, friend. Your neighbors are super envious, I'm sure! Hugs, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely beautiful. I'd just let it there, unless it gets really windy, nothing else should break until it's time to take them down, right? Then you may want to take it apart and use plastic balls next year, or you could pack it all away and think about it all year, and then by next December you'll have the strength to re-tackle the dilemma!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kathryn, thanks so much for linking this up this week. I do love it and I know it was a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's gorgeous girl!!!!! love your header too!!! She is too pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your home looks outstanding and all ready for Christmas!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you did an incredible job!! I think it looks great, and I would not worry about any breakage. I am amazed! I do not have that much patience!! Thanks for stopping by:-) I have missed you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nothing is ever easy is it? Your hard work paid off though as the result is absolute perfection! Love it!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is just picture perfect! Love your front porch, truly beautiful. I'd get the hot glue gun out for the moment to get you thru the Holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your garland looks great against your red house. I did the same knock-off garland. I smill every time I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh it looks fabulous! Perfect against your red house. I feel your pain. I do hope you can work it out to get you through this holiday season because it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the simplicity of your porch decor. Lovely!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this. It is so beautiful and amazing how much it looks like PB. What a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well, I'm curious to know what you've decided to do about the ornaments coming apart. As I understand it, its not that they aren't wired securely, its that the little caps aren't holding onto the bulbs themselves.

    I wouldn't take it down right now, but if you could take a hot glue gun up there, I'd touch up each cap around the edge where it meets the bulb just to prevent even more from breaking in the wind or when you take it down.
    You could also give them a swipe of glue around the edge of each one. Lots of work, I know but it might help prevent you MORE work later on.

    It looks just BEAUTIFUL!!! Oh & I'd be HAPPY to send you some of the 18 inches of snow we've gotten in the past 2 days. Ugh!!! I'm getting LOTS of exercise shoveling the sidewalk.

    ReplyDelete