Friday, December 10, 2010

My Christmas Kitchen

Today, I would like to show you my kitchen all gussied up for Christmas!  I keep it pretty simple as I like to have the counters clean and ready to roll out cookie dough for treats for Santa!



Santa watches while I wash dishes!  


I receive the Southern Living Christmas books every year and start pouring through them in October for new ideas.  A few years ago, I was inspired to make these frames.  I used letters from the computer, wrapping paper and $5 frames from Walmart.  I love them!



Someone in my family always gets me a Santa!  I love this cookie jar and the plate for Santa's cookies was from a student in my class.


These cute stocking tags were $1 at Walmart!  I used them for a little bling on the garland!


All the reindeer pull his sleigh...  
The green candle was made by a man in the area.  This is the Christmas tree scent. It makes my whole house smell.  They are the best candles in the world!


My kitchen table is set very simply.  We start using the Santa plates the day after Christmas. 
 They are so fun!  


The centerpiece is my advent wreath from Germany.  We light a candle every Sunday night for Advent. I bought this in the town of Seiffen, Germany were most traditional wood German things are made like nutcrackers and pyramids.  It is a Christmas wonderland town!  This church depicted on my wreath is based off an actual church in Seiffen.  It is the only octagonal church in Europe and every Christmas eve, the carolers leave the church and sing around the village.  The lead boy carries the star.  This is a  very special piece to me.



Santa's train sits on my half wall between the kitchen and the living room.  I am all about the fake snow this year for some reason!


A view from the kitchen into the family room.  I will show it tomorrow!




I am linking up with Vanessa at Southern in my Heart for her Inspiration Friday party!  Come on over and take a look!

16 comments:

  1. Oh how gorgeous is your Christmas kitchen Kathryn! I love the pretty NOEL signs and all of your decor'. Did I tell you that your dark cabinet color is my dream? Sigh....It is so rich and warm. You have a beautiful home.

    Happy weekend! ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! In addition to your holiday decor, I have to say I LOVE your cabinets. The color is delicious. I keep threatening my husband that I'm going to stain my cabinets that color, to which he rolls his eyes and reminds me the side panels are just stickers (which I assume would be difficult to stain). :-) Your advent wreath is really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Those trees on your centerpiece are really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally, I see the kitchen! Wow, it looks so warm and cozy and definitely ready for cookie making! I had that exact same granite in my house pre-divorce:-) I love that your island is dark too. I've been thinking about painting mine, but I think we might reconfigure the shape first so I haven't done anything to it. Looks great and all ready for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here comes Santa Claus ... here comes Santa Claus! Your kitchen makes me smile. I wanted to grab those same letters, but, they were out of the ones I wanted ... they look great hanging from your garland! Super impressed with your framed letters, too ... Southern Living rocks! And, your German advent wreath is fun and lovely! Love the last shot, with the tree blurred in the background! Hugs, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen is beautiful. I love that last photo of the ornaments in the hurricane lamp, I can never get ornaments to fit in those right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos and inspiration here Kathryn. You kitchen has just he right amount of festive eye delight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those candycane candles... I have so many candles I have been resisting buying those particular ones, but they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! First of all, let me just say that your kitchen is GORGEOUS! I love how it looks even without all of your Christmas decor. That garland swooping down over the sink was such a clever idea and those framed "Noel" letters are so pretty! Where did you get the little green sleigh and reindeer? That is so cute! Everything looks just beautiful and I'm so glad that you linked up to Inspiration Friday this week! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathryn, your kitchen looks fabulous dawlin! I love that green sleigh and deer and the cute train in the snow. Looking forward to more. Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Katherine, I love it! So many wonderful things here! First off, I love your Handmade "Noel" sign and the blingy garland letters. Very clever! I also adore the reindeer and sleigh, I'd bet that man makes those candles of soy somehow, to smell so good. Anyway, your German pieces are so special and interesting, I love the advent centerpiece. But, I am such a Santa gal, I love both your santas so much, the one in the kitchen by the sink and that Santa in the train is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Christmas kitchen! That sleigh and reindeer are too cute! Your kitchen is very nice, too! Okay, did you hide all your "stuff" or does it always look this great????? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything is just perfect, so fun to cook in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK! Girl...LOVE the BRILLIANT idea of the SWAGGIE above the window! Letting it drape, HELLER! So smart! And 2, I LOVE your Granite...Its BALTIC BROWN! We had that in a different house and I LUUUUUUUURVED it! Your kitchen is super pretty!

    xoxokara

    Im just noticing we have all the same friends! LOL! I love em all ta pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blog and photos!

    I am a new follower, maybe you'll return the favor? :)

    What would you do with a $75 gift card?  I have a  giveaway on my blog right now for just that!  

    Come on over and enter!

    ReplyDelete