I finally got it where I like it!!! I am joining Layla at her
Mantle Party at The Lettered Cottage. I was very unhappy with my mantle last year and knew I wanted to change it up. I collect the Southern Living Christmas books every year and pour through them beginning in November. I am always drawn to the mantles with heaps and heaps of lush greenery so I tried to incorporate that on mine. I also went through just about every mantle on Layla's blog and was so inspired! I especially love Richella's at
Imparting Grace. So I went about and gathered what I thought I might need. I used a lit garland as a base. Then I used some fresh pine garland to line the front. I added the candlesticks, hurricanes (which I totally stole from Bonnie at
Creative Decorating on a Budget)! and our stockings. I also went into the backyard and cut pine sprigs to tuck in to give it some more fullness. I have discovered that my mantle is too darn narrow! I have a project in mind for the hubby to help me out with that! I really am enjoying my mantle this year! I hope you like it too!
I bought the candlesticks from Costco last year after Christmas. I got three of them for $8!
I think I am going to add some fresh pine above the picture! I also have my eye on some big red flameless pillar candles at Big Lots!
These are the hurricanes I made with help from Bonnie! I bought two vases and two candlesticks from the Dollar Tree. I also bought 3 boxes of ornaments. Total cost for these babies...$7!!
A view from my foyer
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!
Kathryn!! It is gorgeous!!! I love it! Definitely do the pine above the picture with maybe a simple bow!!! Beautiful and the tree is awesome, too! Love the stockings! I wish ours were prettier instead of the old basic ones we have had since the kids were little!! Maybe after Christmas this year I will get some cheap!!
ReplyDeleteDo you just sit there and stare at it like me?????
Kathryn, it looks great. Love the greenery. I think it is full enough, but I know what you mean about a narrow mantel. Mine needs to be beefed up too. My husband built ours, but it needs to be deeper. Don't know if he will do that or not.
ReplyDeleteAhhhh!!! I LOVE it!!! Especially that last picture with the glowing lights...so, so pretty, Kathryn!
ReplyDeleteLiesl :)
ooh! I love that last picture! Beautiful mantle!
ReplyDeleteStunning!!! Love the picture looking in from the foyer.
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Kim
Great pictures. I love Costco, get my ribbon there every year. Mantel looks great. You are mentioned in my post today. Lori
ReplyDeleteHi Kathryn! Your mantel looks fabulous and that last picture is breathtaking! I love the pop of blue in the ornaments and you truly just did a wonderful job. I'm pretty sure our stockings are almost identical...is the angel one yours? I claimed that one for myself hoping my kids would always think of me that way...ha! :-)
ReplyDeleteVanessa
Oh wow girl I just love this! You have done a fantastic job and it looks just beautiful! I think based on last year, you out did yourself without a doubt!
ReplyDeleteGuess I better get to posting my mantle when its done:)
Hugs,
Terry
Gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteOH,it is beautiful! You did a fantastic job, really! Your whole greenery looks so real to me with the pine added in there, it's very full. I love your multicolored balls in the jars as well. Also, from what I can see of your tree it looks beautiful too, I want to see more! Yes mam, it is beginning to look alot like Christmas around your house!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful everything... especially header :-)
ReplyDeleteAhhhhhh, just right! You know I love the tall vases filled with ornaments!
ReplyDeleteLook at you gir1~! New blog header, can't get cuter than that! Great job on the mantel. Loving the fresh greens...mine are still living, and will probably need a sprucing soon.
ReplyDeleteIt's BEAUTIFUL...and PERFECT!!! Love, love, love it!
ReplyDeleteOh my, the mantle is beautiful, but I love the new picture of your daughter with Santa even more! What a perfect picture!
ReplyDeleteOh my I love your new banner, it is just adorable, but I really don't think that little girl ever takes a bad picture!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Terry
PS, sure wish we lived closer, I think I could just cozy right in with a cup of tea in that living room right by the tree and that mantle!
:)
Gasp...its GORGEOUS, Kathryn!! You've done a wonderful job of incorporating everything you love into this mantel (mantle ?) The hurricanes filled with the ornaments are just perfect.
ReplyDeleteI agree...go get the red flameless candles. Several of mine are the flameless ones with the 8 hour timer feature. No worries & MUCH safer. Twice I've gone to bed & left a candle burning. NOT GOOD!!!
WOW!! What a gorgeous mantle. You balanced everything beautifully. I love the stockings and your tree looks FABULOUS!!! Thanks for sharing, very inspiring! XO ~Liz
ReplyDeleteP.S. I love the festive/holiday feel to your blog. The picture of your daughter with Santa is just precious! =)
The title of your blog is very appropriate for your mantel because that is what it does! Kathryn, you outdid yourself !! This is stunning. It is traditional, classy, elegant and fun all rolled into one. And, having your beautiful tree right next to it just adds to the total package. I love how your splashed blue in the ornament-filled hurricanes, too. Your photographs are beautiful ... and so is little princess with Santa! (And, thank you so much for your visit to my Christmas dining room ... you *know* I appreciate your thoughtful note!) Hugs, Becca
ReplyDeleteKathryn, Your mantel greenery looks so pretty and full. Adding in the natural material makes all the difference to even the new faux garlands. I probably could have added more myself, but since it was swagged, I figured it was okay. Yours looks so lush sitting on top of the mantel! Your tree looks beautiful, too. I think in the past, I just tried to do too much.Maybe it is just the lack of time this year that is just keeping me stumped as to why I can't get finished! I wish you luck on getting it all done by tomorrow. I know I'll still be plugging along. LOL- At this rate, I'll have to keep it all up until the middle of Jan. to enjoy it Love the picture of your sweet girl with Santa in your holiday header. Adorable....
ReplyDelete~ Sue