Friday, April 1, 2011

Still crazy!

Hi everyone!  I am still recovering from reading 308 essays, but I am happy to say they are done!!!!  Woohoooo!!!  I am a Delta Gamma and was asked by one of my dearest friends who is still very active if I would read essays for scholarships.  I told her I would, but didn't realize it was so many!  Once I figured out how to access a remote desktop (that is like a foreign language to me!), and got logged in, I was good to go!  I got in a groove and could do about 25 in 2 hours!  They are done and I must say that I am very impressed with some of the young women in college today!

We have had a week of soccer, sorority Founders Day luncheon, gymnastics, school, and an impromptu photo shoot!  Here are a couple of pics!

I am going to start working with my brother in law with advertising so if any of you need anything from t-shirts to hand sanitizers, I am your girl!  I did the cups we used at Founders Day!  Call me!


Playing with light from different windows and how they affect the picture






First Soccer Game - she scored a goal!!!




Jemma was the belle of the ball at Delta Gamma Founders Day.  The collegians loved her and she had her picture made more than anyone.  Notice the short person front and center of the group shot!  My little anchor girl!



The event was held at Middleton Place Plantation which is just gorgeous!


The newest anchor girl!  I did a quick shoot for them!





Jemma and her crew!


A rainy Sunday afternoon on the couch.  Everything is out, the place is trashed, and I had read essays until 2 that morning...  



I thought it would be fun to do a "Red Riding Hood" themed photo shoot!  I didn't take many pictures, but got some really cute ones of Jemma and her best buddy, Zoe!







The above shots are straight out of the camera with no editing.  These below were edited in Photoshop by my friend and DG sister, Andrea, and myself.  The magic of Photoshop!!!






The BHW and I both have had several comments that this picture of Jemma reminds them of the Afghan girl picture that was in National Geographic!  Too funny!  She is so brooding here!

Tomorrow is another game of soccer, crown molding in the bedroom, my yummy BBQ ribs, and church!  I love weekends!  I hope you all have a great one!


10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, when I first saw that picture of Jemma I thought...she looks like the girl on the cover of National Geographic so many years ago, and then read that you have been getting that! She really does! Loved all your beautiful pictures, as always, and can I just say you looked beautiful at the event...your outfit is just lovely!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Jemma sitting dead center of the huge group of girls. Is that going to be her Easter dress. Best dress buying time of year, if you have girls. Love the black and white of her friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how many essays you had to read. What great photos. My fav is Jemma walking down the dirt path in the red..what a cool shot. Her in the tub is really cute too. Enjoy girl and relax! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures, Kathryn, and so exciting that you are making a career out of it! I love them all, but like the moment you captured during the soccer game when Jemma's ponytail was shooting straight up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathryn, Your photos are wonderful~ Jemma is a truly a beauty! The pic of the girls skipping down the path is adorable and I love the expression on Jemma's face in the second photo. :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy busy. Go Jemma getting a goal!!Love the red riding hood shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is just gorgeous!!!! Can we trade off one of my boys for her?!!!! Just for a weekend that is!!!! You have been busy girl!!! At least your honest about your house! You make me feel better! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are absolutely wonderful, Kathryn! Haunting & thought provoking & some made me smile, especially the one with the girls skipping & holding the basket between them. Really cute!

    Loved seeing your lighthouse photos, too. I've never been there & it looks like a great place to explore. (um, I'll pass on the oysters, though) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl you are SO good!! i love all the pics. I hate I didn't get to see you or meet that gorgeous girl in person at founders day! Next time! love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These shots are fantastic! The little red riding hood ones are amazing. And, I concur, the one shot truly reminds me of the National Geographic one from years ago! *Becca*

    ReplyDelete