Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sassy me!

I came across a blog called Fabulous Fashions 4 Sensible Style and met Liesl.  Let me tell you...she is adorable!!!  Always happy and always delightful to read.  I can decorate a house, but can't really dress myself, and she shows how to put super cute (and VERY reasonable!) outfits together.  I forget most times that I am 38 and that I have gained a lot of weight and probably shouldn't wear these cute trendy clothes, but I can't help myself!  I did see this outfit though and thought I could swing it.  I bought the dress from Target for $15!  They only had the one left in black.  I wanted a fun summer color, but I snatched the last one and it isn't even my size.  It is actually a bit too big, but the way it is shaped is hard to tell.  Let me just say that it is super comfy and I got lots of compliments on how cute I looked!

I am thinking about growing out my bangs.  Not sure about that one.  I'll keep plugging along for a while, but I see bangs in the future!  It is just so darn humid here that they just end up curling across my forehead which isn't an attract look!

Check out our very own blogging star, Liesl, and fall in love with her sweet personality and rocking outfits!

16 comments:

  1. One hot Mamma! That dress is very flattering I love it with the necklace! I found her cute little blog through you, she is a sweetie! A skinny one at that:) I am just jealous is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn!

    What a lovely blog...I am so touched and what sweet things you said! Your support has been endless since we first discovered each other in blog land and I can not tell you how much it means to me! :)

    I clicked on your blog after seeing an adorable thumbnail pick of you in my blog reading list because it looked so cute and then I saw your post! Thank you!

    I have to say WOO HOO on finding that black dress at Target for $15, I have it too and would wear it EXACTLY as you are...I love it!!! Well done and you look beautiful...way to rock the look!!!

    Sending you smiles and one BIG "Thank You" hug...love that you find my little blog so useful! Yippeee!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fab!! Love the dress, love the flats, love the accessories, love the hair, lol.

    I found you through Liesl's blog, she's such a doll :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dress and pretty legs. I don't wear dresses. I have horrible spider veined legs and age spots. I have had my veins done several times and thousands of dollars spent and I still have some. Oh well. Getting old sucks. Actually have had the vein problem since my twenties. I always have bangs, but if you can grow yours out go for it. Cute sandals, too. Well, I am up to my eyeballs in yellow paint and must go back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl! Looking good!! Love, love, love clothes from Target! I'm due for a new hairstyle too. Feel like I've had the same old look for too long. I want to go to a salon and just have someone say "this is what you need to do" (I haven't found that yet) Hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dress with the sparkly sandals. Great long necklace too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great and quite trendy!!! Doesn't it give you more confidence when you wear something that makes you look and feel good??? Thanks for the supportive message on my new blog!! I do remember you from RMS!! I am heading over to meet Liesel now!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable look and outfit! Love the necklace! New follower here, too! =) Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl you rocked that outfit! Now go call your girlfriends and plan a nite out!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at you! You go girl! I love your confidance! At 44, it seems every photo I take lately is against me. I will have to check out your new friends blog, hopefully it will help! Love your dress,sandels and necklace too! I like your hair exactly as it is now! Mid bangs?? But most of all I like that great big pretty smile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey pretty girl! Lookin' good!! Love the dress, Love the sandals... Ok, Ok, I love everything ;-) As for bangs... give 'em a try. You can always cut them. But dear, they're hard to maintain! You have to get cuts often. A little too often for me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I haven't goten over here to let you know what Krylon paint color I used on the lamps: Almond in a satin finish, I really wanted a glossy finish, but it only comes in the satin finish in that color.

    I can't wait to see your finished project, you can do it! When priming metal, make sure you get "Clean Metal Primer" by Rustoleum. Good luck!
    Love the dress-very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look BEAUTIFUL! WOW! I just love that precious dress on you. You go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to run to Target today & hope they have a few left!! It looks darling on you & don't ever think you're too old to be trendy!! No way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi kathryn:

    just clicked over to your blog from our lovely blogger friend in common, liesl's blog.

    you both look AWESOME in each of your outfits. well put together. do you think i can still find the same dresses at target still, i am loving the look and cut of them, and i always look for comfort in my clothes.

    ox

    ReplyDelete